“Another great Hampton Inn!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario

Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Damascus, MD, United States
“Another great Hampton Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I love staying at Hampton Inn. This was a wonderful hotel. It was clean, comfortable, and had everything I needed for an enjoyable stay. The Hampton Inn is my favorite place to stay when I am traveling. I always look for it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I would consider staying here again but the antiquated tempature control system needs to be addressed. The room was extremely hot upon entering. I figured a little adjustment to the thermostat would be all that I needed. No thermostat on wall. Had to turn a knob on the heating element. I could never get the temp regulated. The room was either too hot or too cold. Breakfast room is lovely and it is always nice to have the option of the breakfast bag to go. Nice colors in room but bathroom needed some extra care. Lots of restaurants and shopping close to the hotel. Applebee's right next door. As I said, I would consider returning if working in the area again but I will also look into what other options are
available.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bertha55
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Bertha55,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I agree that the option of a to go breakfast is nice, especially for our guests who might not have time to sit down for a full meal. I'm sorry to hear that you had troubles with your heater. We are always available to assist you if the need arises. I hope that you might offer the Hampton Inn Mansfield another chance to impress you the next time you are working in the area.

Kerri L.
mayville , ny, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I feel this motel in Ontario , ny rates for the business frequently stayers are not good at all the service an employees are gr8 but I feel they can do a lot better ..... shows me that their all about the money an not the one who makes their pay check ..........

Pataskala, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

When I went to check in at Country Inn down the road was informed that CI's pool was not functional. Deal breaker. Drove a block down the road and found this gem! Asked for a room near pool. No problem. Mentioned needing to lug in several bags--they put me 10 steps from an outside door.

Pool did need cleaning (slimy ring around surface and slimy feel underfoot) but rooms were spotless and well-stocked. Single computer in alcove just down the hall from check in is the "business center."

Breakfast offered a large variety--hard boiled eggs done perfectly, oatmeal with yummy stir-ins, yogurt (both traditional and Greek), fresh fruit salad, pastries, cereal, hot foot was bagel toppers ( a seemly pre-frozen product of scrambled eggs, cheese, sausage crumble on bagel bite) and one other hot entrée (scrambled eggs I think). Dining room was comfy if a bit dusty.

Staff was where this property really shined. They went out of their way to be quick, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank virtvacat
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I like to stay at Hampton Inns because the staff and facilities are very consistent and perfect for Business travelers. They are also conveniently located right off major freeways. Internet access is reliable and food choices - though not gourmet - are healthy enough and beverage are always available. Also like you can print for free on their computers.

Oakland, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This really is more like a Day's Inn or Motel 6. Rooms are old, with almost no furniture. Television has limited number of channels. Bathroom a bit dingy and very worn. Advertises a gym but only three pieces of equipment. Has a pool but very small. "Business center" is two computers. The breakfast is limited at best. Have been to far better Hampton's.
The hotel is right on a major street. If you want to avoid noise you have to ask for a room facing the Fairfield Inn next door away from the street. I asked for a quiet room when I entered my reservation and they had allocated me a room right on the street. Fortunately the helpful person at the front desk moved me. The staff, I would say, is very good.
For the price there has to be something better in the area. So if you are coming to Mansfield, shop around. This place charges Hilton prices but is not worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street facing the Fairfield Inn next door.
2 Thank kev1438
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Kev1438,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Mansfield.

Kerri L.
Wauseon, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would stay at this hotel again if I was on a business trip, but I would not bring my family here. The hotel was excellent, but the breakfast wasn't very "kid friendly," and I was in the area on a father/son trip with my 4-year-old. I wanted him to feel like he was getting a treat, and instead it felt like he was an inconvenience. This is not to say that the staff was rude - they were great. But you could tell from the high beds and bathroom counters to the breakfast that, despite the pool, the hotel was not really designed for children.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family