“A mixed bag.. Some good/ not so good”

Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotels good points include being very clean, having a very nice bar/ restaurant, and great employees.
The main problem is the neighborhood! When we arrived in the area, we immediately locked our doors because it looked rough. We were right. The hotel has a homeless center behind the lot where we park. The view from the hotel room window is of a pawn shop and decrepit houses.
There was no room service day 2, and they don't have a microwave/ fridge in the basic 80.00 room. The road noise is loud and the noise of slamming doors is awful. There was no free breakfast ( although you could pay for it). We also felt the rooms were very small.
What a sad depressing place to be in Mansfield. We came to see the prison and learn about the carousels. Save your money and go elsewhere. As far as hotels, there has to be something better for the price!

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the halls and away from road traffic. Pay extra for microwave/ fridge in ro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Angie B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the location prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We truly appreciate the perfect score for Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel was chosen due to a Feb special on points per stay and I'm glad we stayed here. Others mentioned the run down area it sits in. I'd agree that Mansfield has fallen on hard times but the hotel and surrounding grounds seemed fine to me. What made this stay great was the fact that there is a nice pool in the basement, the room and common areas were clean and the location worked excellently for a little getaway with our kids. There's an indoor/outdoor carousel and chocolate shoppe within 2 minutes of the hotel and two ski resorts (with tubing) no more than 30 minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here 1-15-2014, Room 614
This property is consistantly wonderful. The staff is very attentive, Normally when i arrive i see the night auditor Krista. she greets me with a smile and normally a joke! The breakfast crew is equally great, although they always want me to drink OJ (I hate OJ)...I travel to Mansfield monthly for business at the Adjesent Theatre, and enjoy the walk way that connects the two buildings, especially during these crazy cold snowy days.

Room Tip: i prefer the 6th floor, its the highest with best views,
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved my suite with a living room, kitchen and bedroom. Kitchen had everything including a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Laundry machines were available at the end of hall. I was here for only two nights but could happily have stayed much longer. Hotel is in perfect downtown location with easy access to everything. Staff was helpful and greeted me each time I passed by reception desk. I'll be returning soon to this well-managed hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a great experience! Came back to Mansfield for my grandfathers 92nd birthday so decided to stay at the local Holiday Inn since I am a member of the IHG rewards program. Front desk manager Paul went above and beyond to ensure my siblings and I were able to stay together at the hotel when online bookings showed sold out. The hotel was nicely renovated and the rooms spacious. We had a little issue with a double booked room and the team quickly resolved the issue with an upgrade and a few free cocktails! Enjoyed the family time and glad to have chosen this hotel. If I had one complaint - the onsite food wasn't bad but could have been better.

Room Tip: join the rewards program!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked this using points for a last minute visit to in laws. Isahia at the front desk gave my family and I an upgrade to a suite which was much appreciated. The only room issue I can complain about, is the shower/tub drain. it was very slow. other than that the room was clean and comfy. The hotel doesn't seems to be in the greatest location, but we encountered no problems. Will no doubt use this location again for future visits.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After having sworn off Holiday Inn for years, I recently stayed at one in Austin for business, because that's where my company booked. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised, and have since stayed at two others, including this one, and have found both to be just as nice. At this Mansfield location, my first contact was with Rick, who helped me get a great room at the best price, even with just about an hour's notice. He was very helpful and friendly.

The physical accommodations lived up to what I've now come to expect, meaning very tasteful decor, great lighting throughout, and a large comfortable room. And of course the most important thing, everything is spotless! Yes, it's not in the greatest area, but as another reviewer noted... it's Mansfield; I'm not sure there are any good parts of town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo