“Continues my new-found appreciation for Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center

Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Continues my new-found appreciation for Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

After having sworn off Holiday Inn for years, I recently stayed at one in Austin for business, because that's where my company booked. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised, and have since stayed at two others, including this one, and have found both to be just as nice. At this Mansfield location, my first contact was with Rick, who helped me get a great room at the best price, even with just about an hour's notice. He was very helpful and friendly.

The physical accommodations lived up to what I've now come to expect, meaning very tasteful decor, great lighting throughout, and a large comfortable room. And of course the most important thing, everything is spotless! Yes, it's not in the greatest area, but as another reviewer noted... it's Mansfield; I'm not sure there are any good parts of town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed there for 7 days in April while working in the area. The Staff was very friendly and accomadating. The rooms was very nice and also enjoyed the flat screen tv. The hotel is very nice and well kept. Room service was also nice. The hotel is situated in Downtown Mansfield. The area surrounding it is not the best but I did not have any problems while I was there. I was in and out several times during the day and evening.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rochester Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a Hotel in a old Midwestern Town that has seen better days. I love places like this for their history. I always wonder what went wrong. The Holiday Inn here is getting a little tired, but I don't mind staying there due to it's location for my business travel and the employees are always GREAT. The rooms with two Queens are kind of cramped so try for one with a King. I've never had a problem, but the parking situation could be better/safer so just be prudent as to what you leave in your car. Did I mention that the staff is GREAT?

Room Tip: See my previous comment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonfire248
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Bonfire248,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the property and room condition and parking arrangement. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel sits in a not so safe looking area. It seemed to be a lot of people swimming that were not staying at the hotel. The bartender was sketchy, I'm pretty sure the cash we spent on our beers never entered the register. 3 stars is over rating this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if your worried about your safety.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Stone1897,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Janice A
Johnstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is not in a great area of Mansfield, but I don't think there are many in Mansfield. The hotel itself is decorated very nice and kept well. The restaurant had good food at a decent price. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pool and sunroom area are really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip to Mansfield, and it is a well-run, business class hotel in the downtown of the city. The rooms were comfortable, and the place is well run. I will return there when client needs dictate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Being a Holiday Inn, you know more or less what to expect. Our room was clean and modern, the pool was nice. The location seemed slightly sketchy but was a short walk to the town square which was great. What really stood out for me was the exceptional service. Every staff member we encountered from the front desk, to housekeeping, to room service staff went above and beyond to provide excellent service. I was very impressed. We were just passing through and this hotel met our needs very well. I would not consider this a "destination" by any stretch but might stay again if I needed to stop overnight in Mansfield.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear MHDailey,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I really appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words intended for the staff. This encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Mansfield you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.