“good time”

Moyer's Winery & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springfield, Ohio, United States
“good time”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I found this winery several years ago but did not stop. This past week end we were down in that part of Ohio. We remembered this winery and stop and had lunch. We sat on the porch and had a great view of the Ohio river. We both ordered off the menu and both were happy with what we were served. The service was outstanding and the wine was very good we even purchased sevral bottles....

• Visited July 2012

SW Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fried chicken”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

They are known for their fried chicken. Nice selection of local wines. Scenic view of the Ohio River.

Visited April 2012
Crestview Hills, Kentucky, USA
“What A Delight”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a trip's delight. Drove about 1 1/2 hours to Moyers Winery. Sat outside on veranda for lovely view of garden and Ohio River and Kentucky hills. It was late on a weekday afternoon and we were there for lunch. Started with wine tasting accompanied with the spinach and artichoke dip. Delish! Nice selection of wines. Still no chardonnay, but selected a white, fresh, vidal blanc which did not disappoint. Lunch of chicken salad and fresh fruit was plenty and made for a great luncheon experience.

This is a lovely, small winery located in a lovely and small Southern Ohio town. I'll come back again and again. Who wants or needs the hastles of "downtowns". Relax and enjoy yourself at Moyers Winery.

• Visited June 2012
Pasco, Washington
“Gorgeous view, so-so food and wine”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The other reviewers have given a fair representation. This is a nice place for a small ohio town. We traveled just over an hour to get there through lovely rolling hills. Sitting on the verandah on a perfect early evening in June overlooking the Ohio river roll by was a relaxing way to spend a Saturday evening. We had reservations for 6:30 and we needed them to sit outside although there was plenty of room inside. It was much too nice to sit inside. The service was very cheerful although she did not know much about the wines. They were out of Chardonnay so we opted for a table white that was much too sweet. Switched to a table red which was much too sweet. Switched to a chambourcin which I had not heard of before. She offered us a tiny taste before, but after we purchased the bottle realized it was a little bitter. These all might be acceptable wines in Ohio and I might be a wine snob from washington state where the wines are of execellent quality. The price for a bottle was only $12.50 which may offer insight on the quality. The food was so-so. The tomatoes and zucchini side dish was fantastic, but the corn pudding was too sweet for a side dish with a meal. I had the $24 ribeye with horseradish sauce of which the sauce was nonexistent. The steak had a tendon running through the middle that I couldn't cut through with my knife and the other end of the steak was rubbery. In summary come to enjoy the scenery.

Ohio
“One of my fav's”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

In my small town of southen ohio there is not a whole lot to rave about. While this restaurant is small and quaint, and they no longer grow their own grapes for the wine they make;it is still a nice place to go for a relaxing view of the ohio river. As stated before, food is somewhat average, but their steaks have never dissappointed me. We go for the view and quaintness. I agree the help really doesn,t know that much about the wine. But you have to remember you are in a very small community where wine connoisseur's are not widely available. The wine is average, but it is still worth the drive to get a small family group together or a few friends for a special evening.
Years ago the original owners were wonderful to talk about the history of the place as well as offer tours around the grapes and making area. The last I heard , the group which owns it now are folks from Cincinnati, who are retired school teachers. If you are lucky enough to be there on some occasions, one of them will sit and talk for a while with you or just ask you if everything is okay.

• Visited February 2012