“Vegetarian visits Steak House-Best Meal Ever!”
Review of Vault Steak House - CLOSED

Vault Steak House
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Has not been open long but has excellent food, wonderful steaks and seafood, especially good lobster and crab claw chowder. Elegant presentation, nice dining room, outside dining available. Not inexpensive, good service, good wines. Delicious desserts!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Vegetarian visits Steak House-Best Meal Ever!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here on a Groupon we picked up last fall. We had an idea of what to expect from a colleague of mine who visited the restaurant earlier last year. We knew we'd enter through the 'kitchen' area and that it would be tight, but we didn't know it would be so fantastic. We arrived much earlier than our reservation time and had to stand in the entry way with the wait staff while our table was being cleared. it was great to interact with the servers and they even offered us a drink while we waited (complimentary). We chatted with them for a bit and laughed about standing so close, but it made the experience that much greater. When we were finally seated, they set us at a corner table where we could see the entire restaurant. It is small, but quaint and very romantic. The staff, again, was fantastic, explaining and showing us the steaks, and she didn't even bat an eye when I told her I don't eat meat. I got the mushroom ravioli and haven't had anything like it in my life. It was the most amazing meal I've ever had and want to go back again, even though it's a 2 hour drive from home.

• Visited November 2013

Jeffersonville, Ohio
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was a fabulous dining experience all around! We were looking for a new place for "date night" and we have found it ! Vault is a small cozy restaurant but without the feeling of being crowded. The servers were friendly and knowledgeable and the chef/owner gave a mouth-watering description of how some of the dishes were prepared. This was by far one of the best meals we have EVER had. We could not stop raving about every dish brought out - the bread, the fresh mozzarella appetizer, the steak, the potatoes, the ravioli - wow wow wow!

• Visited March 2014
Willoughby, Ohio, United States
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tucked away in the corner of downtown Madison is one of the finest Steakhouse you will ever visit this side of the Mississippi! Their selection of 28 day dry aged beef changes constantly as they only serve the finest Prime graded beef.
The sides are innovative and delicious, and their appetizers rank among some of the best in the area. Worth the drive, and a perfect spot for that romantic meal, or foodie adventure!

• Visited December 2013
“Expected more”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Our initial impression upon entering the restaurant was not impressive. One enters through the rear door which is a short hallway into the dining area. The kitchen is also in this area & staff darts back & forth across the hallway while prepping food. We were there on a week night, they were not very busy. I can't imagine a busy night with people waiting.
I ordered the scallops over a bed of risotto supposedly complimented with spinach. A side of fresh (?) veggies were included. The scallops were slightly overdone. The risotto was rather tasteless, but they did pile it on the plate. Veggies almost tasted like yesterday's. Two others ordered the pork chop which they said was flavorful but a little tough & on the dry side. The mashed potatoes tasted homemade. Veggies were the same as mine. The other member in our party ordered the sirloin steak which was slightly on the tough side. Sides were repeated.
We were impressed with our waiter who was very knowledgable about the menu and also the history of the building. We realize because it is an historical building the owners are extremely limited as to modifications.
That being said, we will probably give it one more try during the summer months when the patio is open.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank spalfy
cleveland
“Good, not amazing”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday, with a reservation, seated quickly. The mozzarella appetizer was delicious as was the lobster bisque. My husband ordered the mahiand I ordered the prime rib. Although it was good, my husband's fish was better than the probe rib.. this is a steak house. The cost plus 2 glasses of wine $115. I'm not sure I would go back. Good not OMG amazing

• Visited January 2014