“not customer-centric”

Cornerstone Brewery Company
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stopped in for a nightcap & was immediately told the bar was full & no seats were available....went into bar to wait & within a few minutes the lady behind the bar screamed out that all people that had just came in needed to leave. No explanation given. Was very surprised and just left perplexed. Will never return. And just a note that if I treated the customers I serve daily(America's finest U. S Veterans) as I was treated that night...I would be out of a job.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Met some friends out at CornerStone and left impressed. I tried the sampler to get a taste of all nine of their brews. Highly recommend it. Great deal for nine bucks. (They pour a nice cocktail, too, according to my wife.)
Ordered the Jack Burger off the menu, and it was one of the tastiest I have had in a while. Ditto for my wife and the turkey Reuben she ordered.
Great atmosphere in a historic building, too, and service with a smile.
Definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love going to cornerstone. They have great beer that changes seasonally and the staff and food argreat. We especially like their egg rolls, homemade pub chips, their pizza and salads. You can also take a growler home to enjoy it at home.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went the day after Christmas, so it wasn't too busy. The beer is always good. The food is good. Not great. The usual bar type of food. It did take a while to get our food and I was surprised since there weren't too many people there. We do visit once and a while if we want a burger and a beer. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were seated inside at a bar-table, with stools, not my favorite seating style. We could have eaten outside, but it was far too hot for that. Food was well-prepared, although the hot sauce with blue cheese that came with the spring rolls was strange to say the least, the rolls were tasty, as was the other sauce that accompanied it. Service was good, but as in so many places, the ambiance left something to be desired. Large TV screens do not increase my dining pleasure, and it was rather noisy. Would I go again? Yes, probably, there were some nice things on the menu and the staff was friendly and helpful.