“Good Food & Entertainment”

Grand River Cellars
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the best wineries in Madison!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Twenty of us on a late on a Saturday night went there for dinner and entertainment. The service and food were both very good. The entertainment was a band by the name of Motown Isls and Co. The band was good except it really loud. If I was 30 yrs younger I would have thought the volume of the bvand was just right.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"ohio"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to go to what appeared to be an upscale winery that had actual dinner food instead of just flatbread pizza. Well there was a band and it was crowded and it's the middle of November so we were excited to try the food and listen to the Motown band IsIs and Co.

The salads came out on plastic plates that looked to be glass upon first glance. They weren't glass but plastic. I was hoping that the main course would be served on actual plates but they weren't either.
Our waiter, JD, was very good and I didn't want to say anything that obviously he had no control over.
My porkchop was a little over cooked but great otherwise. Potatoes were absolutely disgusting. They tasted like instant potatoes that had sat on a steam table all day long and the same with the "carribbean" vegetables.
I took a picture of the ice wine, we had to try it, and lemoncello cake. It was good. Wine was way too sweet for me and my honey but enjoyed the novelty of it.
Bottom line-should have went somewhere that had better reviews. That's why I'm sharing with you.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went there once, had a nice time; they had a live band, reasonable food. The 2nd time, the tables were stuffed side by side, we had a large party and were put in the walkway where we kept getting tagged by the wait staff. It was so loud, so crowded, and noisy, we couldn't hear each other talk. This was after waiting quite a while for them to fill our reservation. I opted not to go back the last few times I've visited.

1  Thank Rio L
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This Winery is almost a stones throw from its Sister winery, Chalet Debonne. When you visit either of them..why not make a stop at the other one?! Grand River Winery is in a beautiful secluded location back from the road. The outdoor Patio Is great and the indoor bars along with the cozy fireplace is very inviting. We definitely recommend stopping here.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife, son, daughter-in-law and I visited this spot on Sunday, September 1. It was recommended by a friend who said they have good food and wine. Our group had a red and white wine sampling and a antipasto tray. The food was good -- the wine left a bit to be desired. We are not wine aficionadoes but the four of us each found it difficult to find a drinkable wine. The service was prompt and friendly and we sat on the patio. We'll come again for the fun.