“Disappointing”

Ferrari's Little Italy and Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferrari's Little Italy and Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Madeira
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miami Avenue
Description: Ferrari's Little Italy & Bakery is located in the heart of Madeira, across from Madeira Kroger. Ferrari's is an authentic Italian Restaurant featuring Northern & Southern fare with excellent value & generous portions. Ferrari's has been operating for over twelve years and is family owned and operated by the Bassano family. The restaurant has two private dining rooms available for private parties, rehearsal dinners, corporate meetings, or family gatherings. We also have an outside patio dining area that is beautifully landscaped with an Italian mural and a stone lighted waterfall. Ferrari's offers full service dining, carry-out, and catering, with an on-premise Italian bakery and Italian grocery. At Ferrari's we feature family style dining. Our portions are large enough to share, they often border on the surreal. We invite you to enjoy the vera cucina piccola italia, the true cooking of Little Italy.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Food was mediocre- like Olive Garden. No bakery or desserts. Maybe this place used to be good-I don't know- but it's terrible now.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cincinnati tries to boast a line up of "authentic," "homemade," or "old world" Italian restaurants. Many of them are adequate (especially if you aren't Italian, or know of someone who is), but Ferrari's is one of the best with personable service, reasonable prices and delicious food. Plus, you can skip dessert off the menu, because there is a bakery right on-site.

The hostess promptly escorted us to our table and we were cheerfully greeted from the bakery as we passed by. The decor is charming and our server, Debra, was outstanding. She paid attention to the little details and asked questions in order to offer suggestions. It was my first time back in 10 years (out of the area for a while) and my date's first trip to Ferrari's. It was as yummy as I remember and we will be back. We breezed in for lunch, before shopping in Kenwood. The restaurant was moderately busy and the smells coming from the bakery were intoxicating.

Our lunch tab totaled out at $43.40 pre tip. We ordered the Toasted Ravioli ($10.75) which was nearly perfect and more than enough for two to share. I had the Parmesan Chicken Sandwich which was savory and sloppy ($10.50) and it came with a side of pasta salad (and it really was pasta on a bed of greens with generous chunks of artichokes and cauliflower). My companion enjoyed an Italian Sandwich, again served with pasta salad ($9.50). We were so envious of each other's sandwiches that we switched half way through our meal. We both had two soft drinks, too ($2.25 each).

Debra was attentive and paced out our meal service perfectly. We were never wanting for a refill on soft drinks or the waters. A word of caution...the menu describes all the lunch offerings (sandwiches and wraps), but it doesn't tell you that they are served with a pasta salad side. Otherwise, we would never have ordered a side of pasta salad ($5.50) to split. This was my only issue with service, why didn't the server notice this and mention that sandwiches were served with a pasta salad side?

Our meal was more than we could handle and ample leftovers, left with us, along with a couple loaves of bread (buy the day old deliciousness for a bargain of $2.00 a loaf). We selected an Elephant Ear confection from the pastry case to split. It was a little brittle and underwhelming, but that goes to show you - always get the brownie (which looked amazing and was as big as my head).

We will be back to Ferrari's and it won't take another 10 years, especially when craving a little slice of Italy in Cincinnati.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

A very fine and family owned Italian establishment in a small northern suburb of Cincinnati. Food is consistent and service is attentive. If you need a place to conduct business in good weather, ask to be seated outside. Although you may hear the roar of a train coming by, the overall atmosphere is quite pleasant.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It must be the location, because the mediocre food, slow and inattentive service and tired decor don't inspire.
Took my 22 yr old son to dinner for his birthday, his request to go to Ferrari's since its in the neighborhood.
One glass of wine, 1 salad and 2 regular pasta portions for $50. Our server failed to tell us the specials, was clipped in her delivery, the wrong entree was served to my son, and the pasta dishes were bland.
I NEVER choose to go here, but find myself there on occasion when others suggest it.
This is as bad as I've seen it. Owners,please,step up the food and the service!!!!

1  Thank Rosehips58
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Service was slow. The first time I have been to an Italian restaurant and only had rye bread offered. I ordered the seafood pasta special the waitress described. She noticed the sauce was wrong when she brought my dinner. She failed to notice there was no seafood. When she failed to return to the table to bring drink refills I was able to get the attention of the manager who noticed the problem right away. The food we had was good but was not worth what we were charged. I might give it another chance if others in my family want to go butbI would not go back myself.

1  Thank woody2662