“Good for dine-in, not for takeout”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Macedonia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mexican, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Good for dine-in, not for takeout”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I think that the service and food quality of this Chili's is above average as far as chain restaurants go, but the quality of the takeout food is horrible. I got the mango-chile chicken while dining in the restaurant and it was nice size and juicy. The takeout version was small and dry. The steamed broccoli while dining in was bright green and fresh looking. The takeout broccoli was cooked to mush and was a kind of brown-green that made me wonder how old the broccoli was. I just can't understand how there can be so many inconsistencies coming from the same kitchen, especially considering that the dine-in meal was during a dinner rush and the takeout order was around 8:00 on a weeknight. This isn't the only time that I've been disappointed with their takeout service. The food is never ready remotely close to the estimated time from the online ordering service.

This is the last time I plan on getting takeout from this Chili's.

Aurora
“One of my wife's favorite spots”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I never know what to get at this place - too many options...
But the "El Presidente's Martguerita" is what brings us back - my wife loves it.

The food is always good, and the service is usually pretty good. It's a bit loud, but not a big deal.

This is a good place to come with family - in and out fairly fast - good service and decent value.

Springfield, IL
“Typical Chili's”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We just wanted something light since it was late & we were just going to go to bed after eating. Our waiter was very nice.

Palos Hills
“I Never Pass Up a Chili's”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I love their Classic Nachos along with a cold beer. Now I'm hungry all over again.

Ohio
“It's Much Better Than Average.”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We've eaten here a few times and when I think of the middle-of-the-road type eateries, I find Chili's to be better than Applebee's, TGIFriday's and the such. Perhaps because I favor Southwestern food. We were once sat in a high traffic area that we didn't enjoy, but other than that, we've always had a good experience with the staff and food.

Currently, my favorite dish is the ginger glazed chicken fingers. It tastes great alone and also good when dunked in the ranch dressing. My husband is a big fan of their burgers. We've found that Tuesday night is their make your own burger night and we have taken advantage of it. We're missing their sweet dry rub ribs. Hopefully they will be brought back soon.

I'm going to give it a 4/5 because while it's not spectacular, it's much better than average.