“good food, great beer”

Winking Lizard Tavern
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Macedonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good kids menu to go along with the good food and great beer selection. We visit a few Winking Lizard locations, but really like the new patio here.

There are newer reviews for Winking Lizard Tavern

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Winking Lizard is a local chain that has wings, burgers and great beer ( even a beer/shot of the month, and Wing specials on Mon, and Tue). I love the winking Lizard, but THIS location has crappy staff. Although this particular location has been recently remodeled, ( to allow for a gorgeous patio outside). The inside has also been updated. New flat screen tvs, a skee ball machine to play while you wait to be seated, and the bathrooms have been updated also. As I mentioned, " go to the one in Bedford" The winking lizard in Bedford is the original Winking Lizard ( and next door is Lizardville, a groovy whisky bar, that also sells food, its not the same food they sell at LP) Overall LP has more attentive, caring staff at their other locations. The Macedonia management should look into their staff that services their patrons at this location.

** if your a spinach artichoke fan, you MUST try theirs its my absolute favorite!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I like Winking Lizard restaurants and recently went to this one to meet a friend. I like their large menus which make it easy for everyone to find something, and they have good burgers. Also, I have always had good service at the 3 or 4 locations where I have eaten. The only problem I had this time is that I had one of their entree salads and they make them with iceberg lettuce. I think iceberg lettuce has a very mediocre taste and is a cheap way to make salads. The best salads for me have romaine lettuce and I hope WL makes a change for the better. By the way, this location has a beautiful patio for outside dining.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Evidently recently expanded. If you're looking for Bar scene this is probably good for you. Wasn't bad. Excellent barbecue sauce. Greasy food. Okay to go to once in a while at least for me. It was a big group of us with children included. Quicker service would've been nice. Menu offered a wide variety of both food and beer. That was a plus. Basically if you want okay food at a decent price it's not too bad. Check your coronary arteries at the door.

1  Thank Pat P
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch the food was very good.
The menu had something do everyone. The fries looked hand cut. There is a bottle of their BBQ sauce on table, you will want to try that.
They also had a decent daily deal menu so regardless of what day you go I would try any of them.
May go back tonight for the rib deal (Wednesday).
Service was fine.