“Love this Country”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Frostburg
“Love this Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Extremely Clean! Loved my stay here. Beds comfortable, entry welcoming as always in a Country Inn. Nice breakfast. The bathroom is SOO clean, a bit small, but very clean. The shower curtain is very thin. Close to services. Will stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Marcellus, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a big fan of the Country Inn and Suites chain so I was not worried about booking this hotel for one night for myself, my father and my two kids. However I was surprised by how many problems we encountered. We arrived around 6:00 so we planned just to leave our things in our room and go to dinner, but found upon leaving the room that the door did not lock! It was firmly closed but we were able to open the door. We were moved to a new identical room. The room was on the small side compared to other Country Inn and Suites I've stayed in which was somewhat disappointing.
After returning from dinner my kids wanted to swim and I was looking forward to spending time in the hot tub. We found the (indoor) pool to be almost too cold to swim in and the hot tub did not turn on. Thankfully a staff member did get it working.
The breakfast was adequate but nothing special. The best points of this hotel were cleanliness and the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel may be quieter as they are away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

this is my third time i have stayed hear an being a club carlson member i got a great rate for the room . checking in late around 11:00pm wanted to get a bite to eat so asked at front desk an the lady working there gave us some good places to go aslo warned us about a speed trap on the way which proved to be very accurate so not only had a good meal but saved on a speeding ticket good job.this is the second time i got good advice for dinner from front desk staff so be sure to ask they wont steer you wrong. hotel is good for the money nothing fancy but clean an convenent to highway and a good deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Middle Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

When we planned our vacation to Ohio, we researched all nearby hotels and chose to make a 3-night reservation here due to its proximity to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland; the availability of a room with a private jacuzzi for two; and previous excellent experiences we have had at Country Inn and Suites.
We arrived around 4:30 pm and despite our reservation and a posted check-in time of 3 pm, the friendly desk clerk regrettably informed us that our room was not yet ready; the reason being that finishing touches were being done by housekeeping following the completion of a renovation to the room. We patiently waited in the lobby and ate free chocolate chip cookies while the desk clerk ran back and forth upstairs checking on the room's progress, making sure it met Country Inn's high standards. After about a 45 minute wait, the room was finally ready.
Brand new, clean, comfortable, spotless room. Plush, thick, comfortable king-size bed and pillows. Heat and A/C, cable color TV with remote control, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker, free WiFi, and plenty of hot water. We enjoyed our first evening here.
Unfortunately, a problem developed when we retired for the night and things got quiet. Although my fiancé had a restful night of sleep, I was bothered by a loud, constant humming noise that vibrated the walls; which I determined was being caused by the filter pump for the indoor swimming pool, located directly below our room. I didn't sleep a wink all night! Early the next morning I notified the same gracious desk clerk of the problem, and she immediately moved us to another available room; however another jacuzzi suite was not available. The new room (on the top floor) was clean, comfortable and QUIET. We enjoyed comfortable, restful sleep the second and third nights of our stay. However, it was difficult to latch the door and took several slams to be sure the door was secure, or the door could simply be pushed open while we were out.
Free complimentary hot continental breakfast with lots of fresh food to choose from. Indoor pool, whirlpool and gym. Extensive renovations to the entire facility are ongoing.
Unfortunately, the problems I have explained prevent me from giving this facility 5 stars, although overall we were very pleased. The professional, accommodating staff gets 5 stars though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I chose this hotel for my coworker and I due to its proximity to my worksite visit. When travelling for business I chose location, cleanliness and comfort. I found this hotel to be satisfactory in all aspects.

Staff was genuinely friendly. Helped out whenever in need. I had a minor issue and was corrected immediately.

Wifi is included, fast, never got dropped. There is a desktop in lobby, I used it to print out boarding pass. There is a small workout area with three machines, treadmill and bike, but no weights. There is an indoor pool and small hot tub.

Breakfast was included, the usual cereal, canned and fresh fruit, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, biscuits and bacon. Coffee was good and breakfast was also good. They had fruit yogurt parfaits with granola that I enjoyed. Pretty typical, all edible.

The rooms seem to be recently refurbished, new carpet, large flat screen tv without annoying hotel channel, room had fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Bathroom was new too. Excellent room. AC was not too loud.

The room was overall quiet, only problem is that doors have a large gap at floor level, no weather strip, so when loud guests are passing by, you can completely hear them.
Elevator is painfully slow. Door is slow to close.

Overall very satisfied, good location next to highway, close to restaurants and my jobsite, friendly staff, clean, comfortable beds, recently renovated, good value.

Room Tip: Tip: Book away from elevator. Ask for room not facing busy road since it is loud, ask for room in fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Was traveling to Streetsboro, OH for business and got sleepy so pulled over and decided to go with this hotel. It was not to far off the highway and very convenient and got a decent rate for no reservation.
The hotel is remodeling, but the did a good job with keeping the hotel fully functionable. Bed was great and room was clean. Breakfast was the pretty good, the standard waffle maker, sausage gravy & biscuits, fruit, cereal and oatmeal packets.

• Stayed April 2013
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

1. From 2:15am to 3:45am people above us walking excessively, jumping on floor, never ending noise, running water.

2. Shower/tub unexceptable condition for bathing, moldy, dirt in corners of tub and very dirty stained bottom of tub.

3. Went to bathroom, blew my nose, flushed toilet from tissue paper only...toilet overflowed on to floor. Unable to use toilet after plunging many times, had to use public bathroom in main hall.

Rooms are old and overused. Should be shut down until renovations are done, not just in entrance but in rooms.

And guess what 3 days still no call, we travel threw quiet often from Florida, along with friends and family, allways looking for a nice place to stop over. STILL LOOKING

Room Tip: Stay some where else, 5 minutes north, lots of really nice places, with real managers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank john P
cismace, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Chintak Shah
ACS Hotels, LLC
330-908-1700
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia? Share your experiences!