“the breakfast girl saved this review!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

this place is a wreck!! parking lot is horrible out back, there was a clueless front desk girl, price was wrong, rooms were all messed up, a/c didnt work right, the only thing that saved this review was the breakfast was great, i cant believe one sweet breakfast girl kept up with a crazy room full of people! other than breakfast this place is just a pitstop, sleep eat good and go!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank travelingforever2

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We arrived fairly late in the evening with our 5 kids, and we were able to stay in 2 rooms next to each other. Our kids enjoyed the pool, which was open late. We also enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. The waffle iron was a fun touch.

I was disappointed that when I checked in, after being quoted $89.99 per room, the $10 off that was advertised on the turnpike paystation for bringing our turnpike receipt was denied to us. I was told that I was getting a special weekend deal that doesn't come up very often. I told her that I thought the ad should be honored no matter what the current rate was. She still refused. I was there because of it, and there was no disclaimer written into it, so this left a very bad taste in my mouth, even though the value was decent. It was a bait and switch tactic, but we chose to stay anyway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stacerph
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Needed a nice pit stop in the middle of a 13 hour drive. Check-in was a breeze and the room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the included breakfast which offered a little bit of everything. I was happy to see some healthy options along side those biscuits and gravy. I also appreciated the to-go coffee cups for the long road ahead, which was a nice extra. The Country Inn is becoming my new favorite hotel outside of cities, as I like the comfortable "home away from home" feel, lending library, indoor pool and hot tubs, and breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beyond_all_Borders
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Traveling from the east coast NJ beaches to Chicago we stopped off the Ohio turnpike at this very very nice motel east of Cleveland.
Sadie at the night desk was so helpful and the rooms were very clean.
We check before we sign up and I was amazed. She also gave us a wonderful Italian restaurant, Spennatos, just 3.5 miles from the motel.
The beds were wonderful and the price was right....
Enjoy your trip

Room Tip: take the rooms away from the highway....Sadie even suggested this too!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nanosgy
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed there for 11 days. and have no complaints at all. It is a simple but if you have a car the acess to everthing is very easy. Good restaurants nearby. The rooms are clean. The only odd thing is the acoustic isolation between the floors, if upstairs of your room there is a noysi guy then ... no sleep. so I recommend the top floor. The front desk people is very cooperative and kind. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Neriton
Reviewed September 28, 2011

After a long day on the road we called ahead and spoke with a very nice person at the front desk. We were told "no problem" on a room, just come on in. We were greeted by Sadie at the motel. She was extremely nice and checked us right in. The lobby was very clean. Our room was clean. We had a very clean bathroom. There was some wear in the room but everything worked well. Very nice large screen television. What made our stay special was the front desk clerk Sadie. She was very helpful and directed us to a local restaurant, Spennato's. When we mentioned Sadie's name were were treated like family. Another great place in Ohio. I would recommend this County Inn & Suites to others and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed at the Country Inn last night, and I am giving it three points for cleanliness, for the great receptionist Sadie that helped me book my stay and checked us in, for the comfortable beds (and I'm picky) and the large flat screen tv. Two major things stopped me from rating this hotel higher. First, as others previously noted, there is no sound insulation between floors, and you can hear every footstep of the people above you. Since the residents above us decided to do aerobics or something similar at 4am, this wasn't a good thing. Definitely request top ( third) floor accommodations. And one of the main reasons I booked the room was because they promised a hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, buiscuits, etc. The breakfast was from 7:30- 9:30 am. We arrived before 9am, and there was nothing in the hot plates. I went to the desk and asked for the food, and they said they were cooking it. At 9:27 some burnt eggs and undercooked frozen potatoes were placed in the hot trays. They did have bagels, waffles you could make, some fruit and juice. But if you advertise a hot breakfast for 2 hours, my feeling is keep it stocked until the end.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor and get to the breakfast very early
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Village-Cleveland
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Vil...
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia? Share your experiences!