“Great Room Really Nice Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed 2 nights last month just for a getaway. The first room we checked into smelled horrible and like smoke, also smelled smoke throughout the hallways (I don't smoke). We transferred and got a perfect room! The room was decent and clean. Loved the décor, super nice pictures on the walls. Linens were not changed after the first night (really odd, but since we were clean it didn't bother me). Pillows were super comfy. The breakfast was really good, only fruit available was apples. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The dogs barking constantly in the rooms was a tad annoying. Shouldn't allow dogs in all rooms especially when people have allergies. Maybe designate certain rooms. TV's only have a handful of channels (nothing appropriate for my 3 year old). The pool was a bit cold I couldn't get past my waste but it was clean and clear. The spa was really nice and hot the first night, but there was little rocks and dirt all over the bottom. The second night the spa was not hot at all. I would recommend the hotel, but book in advance to get a better rate, it's a bit pricy.

Room Tip: If you smoke, pic an upper floor. If you are allergic to animals ~ do not stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night at this hotel. The price we got for a suite was a terrific deal. The room looks freshly remodeled and smelled very clean. I loved all the HD channels and even the initial screen when the tv is turned on to go to sleep. I honestly wish my tv at home had the moon over the ocean screensaver. The first night we slept on the sofa bed and the comfort is as expected with the sofa bed. The next morning we went to the breakfast and made our waffles along with the other goodies. It is a typical free hotel breakfast. I wish there was more healthy food, but you get what you pay for. The pool was nice and hot tub felt great. It is nice that the hours are until 11pm.

Saturday night was a different story. I am hoping the following was a rare occasion. Apparently they had a wedding there and people stayed outside our hotel room on the second floor and just talked. We could hear every word and it was late at night. I did sleep on a bed the following night and it was not as comfortable as I was hoping for, but it did not affect my sleep. It was better than a Days Inn bed, but no means a Marriott bed. The next morning, the breakfast was the same quality.

All of the staff we talked to could not be nicer. They were very friendly and helpful when we needed their assistance in obtaining a crib for our toddler.

We did not take our dog but saw several people with dogs which our toddler loved. The best part of the room is that it did not smell like a pet was there. We could not have been happier.

Overall, we hope that the talking outside the room was just an incident, otherwise, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: The suites do have two doors, therefore one part of the suite can leave and come back in their part...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our stay at Cutler-Ridge was pleasant, we were to stay two nights but had to cancel the second night for other reasons and there was no problem at all cancelling. (Have not received credit for stay on Returns yet?) Macedonia, Ohio, three night stay was very good, noicy people next door but that was handled very well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I did not like that every room was pet friendly. We changed rooms after the first night to the other side of the hotel, total days stayed 6, could not wait to leave this hotel. From ceiling to floor it was dirty, I had to request clean sheets after 2 nights, the sheets had holes from being worn. The comforter was stained and so was the mattress pad. Hair and dust build up behind the door.
Towels do not dry off the water. I wore socks the entire time in the room and threw the socks away. The rooms and hallways all have stained carpet and pet odor. The breakfast was dull, and the only fruit available was apples, from a long time ago. The person setting up the breakfast never wore gloves to fill the breakfast bar. Garbage was over flowing most mornings. Air conditioner sounds like a train coming through the room. A bright spot light shines until midnight into the room and the trash pick up is at 6am on Saturday morning. When I complained about the room and not satisfied the front desk clerk said,, "you booked with Orbitz, they saw you coming with the rate". From the outside is may seem inviting, but after 6 days it was like a dungeon. Check out other hotels in the area. The pets pee/poop all over the grass area, never saw a person pick up.

Room Tip: look for a room not near the trash area and the highway that circles the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Ohio's motto once was, "Ohio, So Much to Discover." For a state, that's great and expected! But, for a motel, it's probably not. Fortunately, this is a happy story. This La Quinta is, in my opinion, the most welcoming and prettiest motel (of the 3) in the intersection here in Macedonia, Ohio. Immediately upon seeing this La Quinta, I was struck by how hospitable and welcoming it looked. The homey pool and spa were wonderful after a day's driving! A nice dinner in the adjacent "Bob Evans" topped off the evening. We have learned to rely on La Quinta, and not have "much to discover."

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are quiet with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This LaQuinta hotel could be a 3 and a half star hotel and a great value for the money if it was not for the depressing breakfast bar. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are up-to-date and well maintained, but the breakfast is something to avoid. The selection is limited with virtually NO fresh fruit and no hot food. But for gosh sakes, must the owners of this hotel short change their guests on the quality of the coffee offered? The coffee comes from a bloody machine that dispenses individual cups from INSTANT COFFEE: yuk!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Came for a weekend at Cuyahoga Valley National Park and stayed at the La Quinta in Macedonia. The location was so convenient. Right outside our door were two of the main roads going through the park, 303 and 8. Bob Evans was right next door. It was very convenient to get anywhere within the park from here. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Rooms were very modern and roomy, very clean. There was a breakfast included daily from 7-10 in the lobby. It was sometimes a little crowded at the food counter, but always plenty of seats. There were hard boiled eggs, breads and bagels, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Plenty to fuel up on. I would definitely stay again. We went at the end of May and spent $391 total for 2 rooms, 2 nights. 2 double beds in each room. So thats just under $100 per night total for each room. Not bad. There were cheaper but we had been there and done that. This was a nice place. There was also an indoor pool, which we did not use. There was free wifi as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Go-whenever-I-can
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!