“Room Nice; Staff Not”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I spent a week here and the room/bed/bathroom are comfy, cozy and clean. However, the staff has a severe attitude problem. At check in, she acted so bad that I thought of cancelling it all and taking the hit on the cost...she was so rude. Then, post check-in, I have 2 Housekeeping staff in the elevator complaining to me about their job at this hotel and the management. I asked for a late check-out (30-45 mins.) and Greg tells me I will be charged for another day if I am 1 minute past 12:00 noon. I've been a guest at other LaQuinta Hotels...none have been this rude, and none have charged an extra day for a 30 minute late check-out. BTW...when you call the Front Desk, it usually takes 10 rings before someone answers the phone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at the LaQuinta for a couple of nights my husband and I and a couple of others I met a front desk clerk by the name of Ebony she was new but you would have thought she been there for years, she was very friendly to me and my other friends she suggested a very friendly restaurant in Beachwood when we arrived at the restaurant the host already had a table waiting and I didn't make the reservation Ebony made it for us, I really hate that I didn't get the chance to see her before I left, so if you are getting a room make sure you stop to speak to the young lady with the very beautiful smile

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cathysmith1945
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Aija was Fantastic!! Congrat's to La Quinta for finding her!! She was very helpful and professional! Also Mable was super as well! Great Hotel!! Very Clean! Great Rate! Best Place to stay in the area!! Not far from alot of sites and things to do! Very Impressed!!

Room Tip: Make sure and ask for a Better Rate they will work with you if they have can! Willing to meet what...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent one night here on way home from vacation. We were looking for a hotel in Cleveland suburbs that accepted pets. They accept pets with no charge so we booked it. The location is not the best - not much around other than other low budget hotels. This property seemed to be the best in the immediate area. We went to Hudson for dinner based on recommendation from a friend. If we did not have this, it would have been difficult to find a restaurant. The room was small but clean. Staff was adequate. Free breakfast included. For the money, it was acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Needed a place to stay the night as I traveled to Wisconsin, and had actually entered another address into the GPS. Roads must have changed as the GPS was re-routing me when I saw this hotel. Location was nice as it wasn't too far off the turnpike. I was also traveling with my dog so allowing pets (with no additional fee) was great. Staff was very welcoming with clean rooms. Gas station across the street which helped get my morning adventure started quickly and avoided hunting for somewhere to fill up. I didn't have the breakfast so I have comment on that.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean, Reliable, Comfortable, LOVE THE HOTTUB AND POOL. Near many family restaurants. Good half way stop going from Chicago to NYC along route 80. Going out to Chicago stopped at Perrysburg LaQuinta give it a try.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

There was a group of 7 of us traveling together and we needed an overnight stopping point on our way to/from Maryland.

The hotel rooms are clean, but very noisy!!! You hear everything including the automatic front door opening and closing. The hotel caters to tour buses. They also allow pets. Barking dogs of all sizes both times we were there. The pool area is small and was okay. The front lobby and breakfast area floors could use a mop. Especially the breakfast area where you stuck to the floor.

Be warned if you request a rollaway it does not mean you will get it. you must call the morning of arrival to confirm it. Both the rollaway beds we had were horrible. You could feel the springs through the very thin mattress. The mattress and linens were very musty.

The breakfast area is very small and very limited choices. My suggestion is go to Bob Evans across the parking lot.

The hotel is supposed to be nonsmoking however someone was smoking like a chimney on our floor and I said something to the front desk clerk. He was rather curt in his response that they would charge the person on check out "if" the room smelled like smoke. He basically did nothing to resolve the issue.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. The staff is not the friendliest, the rooms very noisy and there our much better options in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They are a little bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!