“Another night at La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Joplin
“Another night at La Quinta”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have stayed at this property the twice this week. It is an okay La Quinta. The rooms are clean. This is the most important to us. The beds are a little worn and could use some updating. The rest of the property is good. We did a couple loads of laundry in the guest laundry and everything worked well. Mostly this property is just a little dated but it is okay. The pool was inviting and getting some use. The front desk person ( can't remember her name exactly it was like Nara maybe) she was great and helped with directions in the area as well as Pizza delivery. (down side to the property is no Chinese Delivery available, we we're bummed.) Also no view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Bob Evans is open next door if you like that kinda place. Walmart etc. 1-2 miles away.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Palos Hills
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location when traveling on business to Cleveland and cities south of there. Very nice accomodations and a good breakfast provided. Rooms are clean and quiet. Restaurants nearby included a Bob Evans and Dos Coronas a Mexican style location. About a mile north is a shopping mall with a Walmart, Home Depot, and a couple more restaurants, Chili's and Appleby's. The hotel is easy to reach off Hwy 271 and close to I-80 to the south.

Room Tip: Room 102 is right next to an entrance. Stay in 104 or higher to avoid in and out traffic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Pleasant Surprise! Great Rooms and Breakfast for the money. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and quiet place to stay without spending over your budget.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

jjchavez
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I booked using American Airlines Advantage program and they still billed my credit card. When I called the hotel to report the error, Greg, started to act like I was trying to scam him. He was proceeded to tell me I wasn't getting my money back until someone else paid for the hotel room because someone has to pay for it. I was floored. He had a descending demeanor and I informed him with that type of service he is losing a long term customer and he said he didn't care. "That's fine" Don't give this run down hotel any business.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jjchavez
Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We loved the extra large room, it was really more of a suite. Comfy couch, nice furniture and decor. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Order the King Bed rooms, they're huge and have a fantastic living room area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My family lives in this area and due to allergies I stay in hotels when I go to Ohio to visit (they all have dogs and cats). I stayed here for 5 nights in January 2012 and had gotten a pretty decent rate through hotels.com. The reason I chose the hotel was for the breakfast and how close it is to my mother's and grandmother's houses.

My flight got in pretty late the night I was supposed to check in and by the time I got my bag and my rental car and drove painfully slow to the hotel due to the brand new snow on the interstate, it was about 2am when I arrived to check in. I THOUGHT they had said that breakfast was until 9:30 but discovered I was mistaken when I went downstairs at 9:15 and they had already put it away (breakfast was until 9 by the way). The employee in charge of the food area heard me comment that I had mistaken the time and proceeded to bring me into the back and load me up up with muffins, fruit, and orange juice. She didn't have to do that at all but I was very appreciative. I saw her several more times over the course of my stay and she remembered my name every time.

The rest of my stay was average...clean room and bathroom, quiet hotel, decent channel selection on tv...but so rarely do people go out of their way to help you that it really made the hotel stand out in my mind. I'll be staying here from now on when I go to Ohio to see family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed one night while traveling the Ohio Turnpike. The property and rooms are fairly new and in good condition and the free, hot breakfast is pretty good (although not quite as many options as at some other places). Front desk staff is hit and miss: the guy who checked us in was very friendly, while the guy who checked us out barely said two words to me. Wireless internet connection is kind of slow. The lobby area seemed to have a hint of stale smoke smell. But overall, it's quite good for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!