“Overpriced and therefore probably not worth it”
Review of Melting Pot

Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond
Description: The Melting Pot is an interactive and fun fondue experience. From an intimate romantic dinner for two, to a girl’s night out, The Melting Pot is the perfect place to escape and relax!Known for superior service our well-trained staff will guide you through this unique dining experience. The Melting Pot features an extensive bottled wine list, a cocktail list with trendy martinis and seasonal, local beer choices. Our dinner menu of creamy cheese fondues, fresh salad and entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp & vegetarian meals are all prepared tableside. Don’t forget to leave room for our decadent chocolate fondue desserts rounding out the perfect dinning experience in casual elegance!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I want to enjoy this restaurant since it is a fun way to eat, but it's just too expensive. The cheese course and dessert are great. The main course was tasteless, small and EXPENSIVE. I think if I just went for the cheese and dessert course, it would still be expensive, but not outrageous. Service was good. Just uktimately too expensive for what you get.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

It is true all Melting Pot restaurants have the same decor, menu and attentive service but we found this to be outstanding. We starting frequenting this chain way back when they popping up in major cities around the country. They all provide a pleasant opportunity for a relaxed enjoyable evening with family and friends. They are a bit pricey if you if you elect to go for "soup to nuts" or in this case: cheese to chocolate. The most distinctive thing we found at this particular Pot was that the quality of the main course variety of ingredients was superior to all of the other locations we have been to.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to melting pot for dinner. The food was terrible, the cost was outrageous. Since I was with a group they forced me to pay full price even though I didn't touch any of the food after the initial appetizer. The server was very friendly and helpful. The manager however was extraordinarily fake and unpleasant. Nothing about this visit was worth the 40$ I spent on 1 beer and 1/2 of a salad. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

First let me start by saying I have been to MANY FONDUE RESTAURANTS. I was VERY disappointed with the MELTING POT as a chain. I have tried NUMEROUS MELTING POT locations, so while I am posting on the Lyndhurst location, I can attest that it is the standard for the others as well. The Menu is extensive for a fondue restaurant. Nice choices. But, when you get to your options of liquids to use to cook your food, it is there that the problem starts. Wanting to be conscious & a try lighter side I opted for the broth which was stopped to be a mold chicken type. Well, it was spiced SO MUCH that it was almost hot (spicy). I asked if they could switch it (thinking I got the wrong one) & they did, but nothing changed. Still way too spicy. This was true at the other ones I went to as well. (Not sure if they use a chicken base or what, but they we consistent across the board). This then threw off the flavors of the items being cooked & prevented the flavor of the sauces used for dipping from being enjoyed as well. Dessert was delicious, then came the bill. OVERPRICED - WAY OVERPRICED for food I cooked myself. (Again, across the board they were overpriced.) So, unless the company's buying or you really have no other fondue options, I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been to this Melting Pot several times. Most of our visits were on the "spa" Mondays, which make it more affordable, but have also gone for family dinners. Food is very good, but as others have said, pretty pricey if you don't have some sort of discount. Service has been from fair to excellent. Be aware that on special days/weekends reservations are a must. Atmosphere is great. The spa nights are a fun girls night out which include your dinner, a drink, and chocolate fondue from a select menu and a mini spa service with a small gift at the end of your dinner. When the wait staff are fun and bubbly it makes this evening a spectacular evening, when they are not it really takes away from the experience. All in all if you want to try something different or have a special occasion to celebrate and don't mind spending a bit money, it's a good restaurant to try.