“Could do with a clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loveland
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Could do with a clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Generally the hotel is OK, but pretty expensive for the quality of the accommodation. The lift sounds like its going to break, and the carpets in the corridors need at a minimum cleaning and preferably replacing - they are very dirty. The rooms are OK, but they are poorly appointed and everything feels a little dirty and worn out.

The breakfast is acceptable, but the waitress's prime role seems to be collecting your breakfast voucher. A little remote and not my first choice in the area. Does not reflect well on the Hilton name I am afraid.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nate B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. I want to first apologize that your stay was not up to the standards that are to be expected. We currently have a carpet cleaning schedule set and all of our corridors are getting cleaned this month. We have also had the elevator inspected and everything tested normal. We are excited for the renovations that we have almost completed and look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

While travelling on business I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel! Every aspect of my stay was exceptional, from the time that I checked in until the time that I checked out of the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful and curtious the entire time and in the couple of times that I asked for a few favors they went above and beyond to fulfill them. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody. Book with confidence!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write the review. We strive to serve our guests and we are extremely happy that you were taken care of. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
lina1420
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

When we arrived, it felt like we were staying at a Red Roof Inn and not a Hilton brand hotel. Coming from a hospitality background, I was VERY disappointed with what I saw in the hotel. When I first walked in, there was major construction taking place in the front lobby with no sign that said "please apologize our mess" or no other verbiage in confirmation email or on the website about there being construction. When something like that is taking place, there should be some kind of warning.

Once we got to our room, all I thought was "hot sheet hotel". It did not feel clean from the moment I walked it - it felt very dusty. When my husband and I were ready to go to bed, my thought of it being a "hot sheet hotel" was confirmed. THERE WERE MULTIPLE LITTLE HAIRS IN MY BED. Since it was so late at night when my husband and I checked in, I didn't bother to call and complain until the morning. I decided to sleep above the covers which is probably more disgusting. The next morning when we checked out, I let them know that there were hairs in our bed. I then went on to say, if I was a LRA Inspector (hotel secret shopper), they would of failed immediately. They said they would let the GM know and he would get back to me the next day. I have not hear a word from the hotel.

I am very disappointed by this hotel and advise everyone to not stay here. Just the hairs in the bed is all the reason you need!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lina1420
Nate B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. It is not a typical stay and all issues have been addressed with the entire staff. Our lobby is under renovation and we are excited for it to be completed. When booking on our brand website it does alert guest making reservations to the lobby being under renovation and we currently have a poster in the entrance way as well. There are times when it does have to come down for work to be done in that area.

We take all of the comments to heart and will strive to improve in every area. We hope that you will consider us in future travels.
Frankfort, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for three nights in October and found it to be greatly improved since my last stay there. The beds were comfortable and had adjustable firmness beds. There was a sleep number switch and it really worked. The rooms were clean and the staff was super frendly and helpful. We had breakfast there every morning and the girls were very attentive, bringing coffee warm ups and asking if they could bring us anything else. The food selections were fine and they would make you an omlette if you wanted one. We had no problems at all during our stay. They had a nice make up mirror in the bath and the towels were very nice. I would definately stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nate B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Cincinnati Northeast. Your comments are very helpful and are shared with the entire team. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on future travels!
Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been a fan of the Hilton chain for a while, but this location scored poorly on a number of issues. While my room looked very nice, I was surprised on how many of the amenities were disfunctional. One light had a broken switch, no fan in the bathroom, the bathroom door had to be completely closed or it would remain open in the full position (which blocked access to the outside door and the closet), the mattress pad was a full 5" shorter than the mattress. I was not impressed with the $9.95 breakfast buffet - few items were available. I think its worth about $5.95.

I stayed at this location since it was convenient to a business location - next time I'll be willing to drive an additional 5 miles.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HeathB368, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning light switch and bathroom door and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the other issues regarding the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel is standard fare for a Hilton Garden Inn level of accomodation - nothing fancy but totally adequate. The in-room mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker make the stay away from home more tolerable. We didn't use the work-out facility but it is very small - about the size of a guest room. The best part was the breakfast. It is $9.95, which seemed a little steep, but we had breakfast included with our room package. There are made-to-order eggs or omelettes, waffles, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, and bakery items with a waitress to attend to your needs at the table. It was a great way to start the day! The only downside is the property is a bit remote unless you have business in the area. It's about a 30 minute drive to downtown Cincinnati or a 15 minute drive the other direction to Kings Island amusement park, depending on traffic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an out-of-town wedding. There were THREE weddings booked there that weekend! You would never have known it except for the welcome signs. The staff were really quick at checking us in and our room was so quiet you would have thought we were the only ones staying there!

All 3 weddings had shuttle service to the receptions and it went off without a hitch.

Congrats to the expert staff for making our stay seamless! Will definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason
Cincinnati Marriott Northeast

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!