“Ok hotel.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loveland
Columbus, Ohio
“Ok hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my kids during a quick trip to Kings Island. First let me say that there are no food options close by, its a couple minutes drive to get to any. Parking is not an issue though, they have plenty!

I checked in, went to my room and instantly could smell smoke. Did a double check to make sure I was in non smoking, which I was. Went into the bathroom and there were hairs on the floor and in the tub, as well as dirty spots on the floor. I had to wipe out the tub before I could give my 2 yr old twins a bath. After swimming I went down to the front desk to let the guest service agent know about my minor issues. The guy looked at us like we were crazy, didn't even write down the issues and basically just blew me off. Now considering it was almost 11pm I assumed he was just ready to get out of there because his shift was ending, but an apology would have been nice!

The pool area was great, nice and clean and my kids and I enjoyed it!

I woke up in the morning and went to the restroom and one of my kids was freaking out because they saw ants on the floor in the bathroom. I was confused on how they got there as we are on the 3rd floor....

I went back to the front desk in the morning and told the girl that was working about the issues and the ants. She seemed a bit more undestanding and gave me a voucher for breakfast. I went upstairs, got my kids and came down to eat. Halfway through our meal, the server (who was the nicest person I encountered during my stay) informed me our voucher was only good for two meals. I told her it was given to me for room issues and was never told limit 2. She checked, came back and said it was for 2. I dont mind to pay for the food, but considering my issues and lack of care from front desk staff, you would think the breakfast being comped for us would have been no problem.

If you are a business traveler, this would probably be good for you, just not really family friendly or customer service geared!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amberlee W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Galion, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Overall we really liked staying at this hotel. I think the hotel may be geared toward the business crowd or event driven but I think for a weekend getaway with the family it worked well for us. I like the fact that the hotel is in a nice part of town and slightly out-of-the way of the city. It is very conveniently located right off the main highway bypass around the city. The pool room was great and the breakfast was super. The hotel was nice and clean. I think the only detractor might have been the politeness of the front desk staff. They were ok but not very welcoming. I asked to see if we could get a late check-out and the first response was – “it is already at 12:00 noon.” I also had to ask to have the pool towels re-stocked however the housekeeping crew was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: When you book your rooms, ask for a coupon for breakfast to be included with your stay. The breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past two years but I will not make the mistake of staying here again. Yesterday I checked into a room and the smell of fresh paint was overwhelming. I went to the front desk and ask for another room and was told that they were sold out and everyone had already checked in (4:45PM). I had no choice but to check out. There were six cars in the entire parking lot. A message was left for the hotel manager and he never called back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sc0ttV
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very easy location directly off 275 in northeast Cincinnati. Good (safe) neighborhood. There are not many eating options directly near it, but plenty just a few miles away (we did not try the restaurant in the hotel, but it looked clean). Staff was friendly. The outside and lobby areas are very clean and modern looking. The rooms and halls felt more dated, nothing real significant, but certainly noticeable after seeing the outside and lobby. The room was fairly clean, but the bathroom had some minor tile issues, a broken hair dryer and a little mold in shower. Again, nothing so extreme that we would never go back, but certainly nothing making us want to go out of our way to return to this specific hotel. Based upon the room itself, we felt the Hilton Garden Inn in Loveland is an average hotel in this price range.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Normalite-1
Port Hope, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel was my first experience with the Hilton Garden series. Very good experience although it's a bit remote. Breakfast looked good although I did not try it (not in the rate I had).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed recently for a wedding. It was easy to reach and out of the hustle bustle. We didn't get the $10 breakfast but some of our party did and enjoyed it. Rooms and hotel were very clean. Our bride and groom made arrangements for hotel shuttle to take guests to and from the wedding. Made for a very stress free time. The beds had several varities of pillow comfort on each bed. The dial mattress comfort didn't work but the beds were comfortable without it. We would probably ask to be a little further from the elavators since it was alittle loud with returning guests, The hotel also had guests for 3 weddings staying that weekend, so noise was understandable. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rn55
Marengo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed on a Suday evening.. after a Peter Frampton Concert..the staff was very friendly from the moment we came thru the front door.. The breakfast buffet they offer for 9.95 was outstanding.. the only problem I had was the A/C unit in our room had a funny low pitch noise to it in the middle of the night.. I told the front desk in the morning and she was going to comp me breakfast but I got it being a HH member.. she made a note of the noise for the maintenance people.. The rooms were very nice as expected from Hilton.. If in the area again, I will stay here for sure.. the rates were very good for that area also..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Northeast-Milford
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason
Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
BEST WESTERN Mason Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!