“Great little place!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Great little place!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great fine dining. We had appetizers, steak, seafood special, and some wine and it was well over $100. I would recommend getting reservations if you're going on a weekend night.

• Visited May 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Food in a Great Setting”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I met another couple at Tano for dinner on a Saturday night. The weather was cold and miserable but the restaurant was well staffed and had a pretty decent crowd. We had 7:00 reservations and arrived about 10 minutes early and we were seated immediately. They seated us in a back room behind the bar area which was a bit quieter than the main dining area. Our guests were a bit late but the server did not rush us after they arrived.

We shared the Mussels for an appetizer and they were delicious. My wife had the Keystone Pork Chop which was served with a wonderful vanilla sweet potato mash. I had the Maple Leaf Farm Duck which was perfectly cooked and served over some really nice potato cakes.

This was our second visit to Tano in the past few years and we will certainly make it for a third.....maybe a little sooner this time. It is about a 30 minute drive for us but is absolutely worth a bit of a drive.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly, attentive service with generally good food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Compared to restaurants in general, my friend and I would rate Tano Bistro a 4. Good food, good service. Comparing it only to other upscale eating establishments, we think it just rates a 3. The flavors just weren't crisp enough for us, which we attributed to Tano trying too hard and using too many ingredients. For example, I ordered the sundae for dessert and there were 3 different flavors of gelato (2 very good; one with a smokey flavor not at all), whipped cream, syrup and coated popcorn. It looked like something a 10 year old could make and would absolutely love but it was just to busy for me to be able to savor. My friend ordered the duck and found it tasty but thought the sprinkling of pepper all of the plate was too overwhelming and had expected the potato cake to be crispy (it's not). My pork chop was cooked exactly as I requested and tasted fine but not memorable; the mashed sweet potatoes tasted like a Thanksgiving casserole (possibly with maple added?). The portions were definitely generous. Our favorite item was the flat-bread appetizer which tasted like a small, delicious pizza. $88, before tip. While I would be willing to dine there again, I would not go out of my way to do so.

• Visited January 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Is it possible to fall in L-O-V-E with a restaurant?”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had not been to Old Loveland for many years, and a coworker leaving the company had suggested it for her going away lunch. I had no idea what to expect, although I had always loved the charm of Old Loveland, so figured I was in for a treat.

We were seated outside under large umbrellas to have our meal, and I was surprised to see table clothes and formal setup on the tables. I figured they would have nothing that I'd be a fan of, because I'm not usually interested in hoitey toitey flavors. Call me a food heathen, but it's true. I'd take a Mc Donalds burger over a Fillet Mignon any day.

I ordered the BBQ sliders because I figured that was pretty normal in the scheme of things, and HOLY GOD, they weren't just sliders, they were freakin amazing. They were so sweet and succulent. The texture was so filling, and I wanted to lick my plate when I was done. I'm not even kidding. They gave me a salad with my meal, and even that was great.

I literally went 3 times that week after trying it the first time. I can't get enough of that place, and I can't believe how great the prices are!! Maybe it's because I've only gone at lunch, but good gracious the food quality for that price is astonishing to me!!!

It is very well priced in my opinion, especially since I work in the area and spend comparable amounts on lunch at much smaller places with food that is only half as good as Tano's. I drink water when I go too, so maybe that's where some of the markup is in price, but this is a perfect date location. In fact I would take everyone here that I possibly could, my boyfriend, friends, family, some random stranger that needs a pick me up, the crazy cat lady down the street... you name it, and I'd bring them here.

AWESOME FOOD, AWESOME SERVICE, AWESOME EVERYTHING!!! LOVE!!

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“A Special Treat”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's excellent.
Expensive! but, fabulous.
The menu items are VERY creative and we absolutely indulged.

• Visited February 2013