My husband and I were looking forward to this trip since we booked our reservations in July. We received a gift certificate for Christmas last year so decided to spend a little more and book a "cottage" at the Castle.
We were shocked when we walked into the cottage to find it was a "hotel room." Which I am hardpressed to call a hotel room since there was no shower, just a jacuzzi. Jacuzzi's are fine if you want to take a bath but forget washing your hair.
The "cottage" also included a kitchenette, so we took a nice little romantic dinner with us...also took breakfast because nowhere on the website OR when we called to make the reservations did they mention that there is a continental breakfast included. When I attempted to wash the dinner dishes (figuring we'd need them for breakfast, too) I called the front desk for some dish towels. They all but laughed at me saying that no one ever asked for these things before. Usually you don't have to ask for these things when there is a kitchenette (sink, microwave, fridge).
We could also hear entire conversations of the guests in the cottage above us....so I'm sure they could hear ours too.
All of this for the spectacular price of $323/night!
If you're thinking of visiting the castle....don't. Spend much less money and get more at Donna's Premier Lodging in the nearby town of Berlin. (see my review on Donna's for more detail).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landoll's Mohican Castle provides a boutique hotel experience in central Ohio. The Castle contains 11 uniquely designed suites with fine furnishings that fit the style of an old world castle. In addition, there are four adjoining suites in a separate building called the Highland Suites. Finally, there are two free-standing cottages. The Highlands and cottages have been built to fit the theme of the large suite rooms that are featured in the Castle. The Castle Event Center is the largest of its kind in the Mohican-Loudonville area, seating up to 200 people in banquet-style seating. The Event Center and The Copper Mug Bar & Grille restaurant recently hosted a filming by a Gordon Ramsay television show. The result of this experience was a complete redesign of the menu for the restaurant and wedding events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Landoll's Mohican Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landoll`s Mohican Castle Hotel Loudonville
- Landolls Mohican Castle Loudonville