We had been here a couple of years ago for a day trip, had lunch and toured the castle. Loved the area and the thought of staying in the castle appealed to us. Things looked beautiful. So, we finally made plans to meet family here this past weekend. We had a great time and there were many nice things about our stay, but the past few years have taken their toll, both inside and out.
We stayed in the Barton Suite. Upon entering, the room really looked very rich with its dark wood, drapes and bedspread. The fireplace was such a nice feature and really did heat the room. We also liked the soft playing Celtic CD that was on when we arrived. Although we did not use the pool or hot tub, we did go into the building; it looked nice and the water was warm. However, there was a lot of maintenance that has been overlooked. Scrapes in walls, broken shower/tub handle, broken shelf in the refrigerator, cabinet handles in the suite; very bumpy entrance hill with way too many pot holes and VERY icy paths and parking spaces that really should have been salted as it was snowing the day we arrived. Also, since we had a room above us that was occupied, we did have some trouble sleeping since every footstep above us was able to be heard.
Overall, it was an awesome concept to be able to stay in a castle and we had a good time. However it is our opinion, that the place should be better maintained. Hopefully this will be done before it falls into total disrepair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landoll's Mohican Castle provides a boutique hotel experience in central Ohio. The Castle contains 11 uniquely designed suites with fine furnishings that fit the style of an old world castle. In addition, there are four adjoining suites in a separate building called the Highland Suites. Finally, there are two free-standing cottages. The Highlands and cottages have been built to fit the theme of the large suite rooms that are featured in the Castle. The Castle Event Center is the largest of its kind in the Mohican-Loudonville area, seating up to 200 people in banquet-style seating. The Event Center and The Copper Mug Bar & Grille restaurant recently hosted a filming by a Gordon Ramsay television show. The result of this experience was a complete redesign of the menu for the restaurant and wedding events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Landoll's Mohican Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landoll`s Mohican Castle Hotel Loudonville
- Landolls Mohican Castle Loudonville