“Great diner, Great service”

Hanover House Diner
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Loudonville
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Hanover House Diner offers homemade soups, sandwiches, daily lunch and dinner comfort food specials, fresh made pies, and hand dipped ice cream at affordable prices in a nostalgic 100 year old building.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stumbled into this cute little diner mid afternoon and with two hungry boys. The service was spectacular, the food was good. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited during the street fair. It was not busy when we got there @ 5PM, but was starting to fill up by the time we left. The food was very good. I got the Reuben, which was delicious. The kraut had been drained properly (something that many restaurants that serve Reubens fail to do) so that it did not make the bread soggy as the sandwich was eaten. It was a little skimpy on the corned beef. We both ordered the chicken fingers which were actually more like planks because they were thin and wide. They were moist and fresh and very good. Food portions were satisfying, but nothing extremely large. We both ordered fries. My portion was very large, but my wife's was rather small. Should have both been the same. Our server was extremely polite and friendly. The speed of the service was OK. Prices are very reasonable. Spent about $25 for 2, tax/tip included. Very nice, hometown diner atmosphere. Very clean and bright. We will be going back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

If you're really hungry, any food will do. That would be the only way I would return. It took 45 minutes to get our food. It took another 45 minutes to get the check. The kids cocoa had no flavor, the coleslaw was bland... Nothing was good enough to
justify the time it took or a bill of 30$ for 3 burgers and a grilled cheese.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you are looking for a meal like Grandma made, this is a place to visit. Nothing fancy, just plain good eating ay a reasonable price. They usually have 2-3 meat specials with 2 sides each day. The after church crowd fills the place on Sunday, I usually wait and go about 1PM. I believe they close at 3 on Sunday.
They also serve Whit's Frozen Custard, tastes very much like Old Fashion Churned Ice Cream !

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is just an adorable little country diner - tastefully decorated, great food, good prices. Though it has only been open a couple of years, it is in a historic building. The food was very, very good. I had the special, an open-faced roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes, and it was just delicious. My somewhat picky kids both loved their food too -- so much so that we returned a second day. [I told the cashier that, if we lived in the area, we'd be regulars!] The next day, their soup was Ham & Bean and it was delicious. Exactly how my mom and grandma make it, but even better. I liked that the sandwiches were not obnoxiously huge - leaves enough room for french fries without gorging yourself, and maybe even room for some of their frozen custard. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Loudonville, OH.

1  Thank MichiganMelissa04