“quite a nice view/meal in Lorain”
Review of Jackalope Lakeside

Jackalope Lakeside
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Lorain
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I've lived in Lorain my entire life, and can honestly say I've never eaten at Jackelope until this weekend. I'd always assumed it was overpriced for the meal type! We ate a late lunch on the patio on Saturday and had a nice time. I will say the persona of the restaurant varies greatly depending on where you sit, and I would definitely recommended sitting outside on the patio. We were there a little before 4pm, so TIP: only sandwiches, small plates, and appetizers were being served at the time. I had the salmon BLT, which was delicious. My family had plenty of perch as well, which is always a sure-bet for a good meal in Lorain. Looking over the dinner selections, there were some fairly overpriced options. I'm not sure I'd revisit for dinner. There was also a nice selection of craft beers, including a few local options. We had a nice meal and a nice time.

1  Thank Kimberly G

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We rented their party room for our small family wedding. They were very helpful and great service. Beautiful views of the lake. Great at sunset. We had a buffet style meal. Food was great. Would definitely like to go back and try their regular restaurant food.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Really good beer battered walleye and steak, plus a great cocktail - Lake Erie "water" Best meals out in a long time.
Outdoor seating at sunset was spectacular at least a 180 view of lake and lighthouse.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Jackalope is a great place to meet after enjoying the lake or one of the many local parks. It is right on the marina in Lorain and has a wonderful patio to enjoy the lake views and sunsets. Food was excellent, especially perch sandwich, oriental salmon salad and Bayou Pasta. Service was fast and food arrived hot and fresh. Full bar available. The atmosphere is fun. The best lobster bisque I have ever had.

1  Thank KansasSunflower09
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We took the 45 minute drive to check out Jackalope's for dinner, and were glad we did. Our food, from appetizers to dessert, was very good, and the servers are attentive and friendly. Take the time to wander down past the boat docks for a sweet way to spend time by the water. Don't miss the neopolitan cheesecake if it's on the dessert tray!

Date of visit: June 2014

Been to Jackalope Lakeside? Share your experiences!