“Just fine for a night on the road”

Holiday Inn Express London I-70
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in London
Fredericton, Canada
“Just fine for a night on the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am glad I read the other reviews about this property and its location. It is indeed not that easy to find, especially at night or in periods of limited visibility. Once there, though, it is a very solid, middle of the pack HIE. I was cheerfully welcomed to the house, quickly checked in and the local attractions were all mentioned. Friendly staff saw to the hot and plentiful breakfast the next morning. We were on the road so only stayed the one night, but would return and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PKinNB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Due to the frequency of my travels and the typical ratings used by other guests, I want to be careful and not judge a hotel too harshly or give it too much praise.

This is a decent hotel, for a decent rate, and a decent night's sleep.

Finding the hotel at night, was a little tricky but once you figure the small access road out, it's not a big deal. Check in was quick and efficient. Super friendly young lady at the front desk who was pleasant to deal with an early morning check-in.

Due to my late arrival, I did not use the breakfast.

I can't blame housekeeping for pounding on my door at 8AM because I forgot to hang my "do not disturb" sign.

I slept well. Ventilation was good in the room. I couldn't hear the neighbors but there were sounds coming through the vents in the bathroom. No loud noises or traffic on nearby roads to disturb.

I would stay at this hotel again, considering the alternatives in London.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear HGfromOmaha,

Thank you for your considerate review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Thank you again for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice motel for the price. Clean and very friendly staff. The facilities are maintained nicely. Motel has appearance of being newer but of course is not. Breakfast bar is adequate but not great. All in all very good

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marion G
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here one night while traveling. King room
Not a bad place
Pros: clean, no bugs, fairly large rooms
Cons: bathroom too small, hair dryer didn't work, drapes didn't close (too much light from outside lights)

Basically, the pros were enough that we probably would stay here again. The cons were little stuff I could overlook for one night.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Though it's a bit tough to find (there is no sign other than the tall one right at the exit), we had a very pleasant evening at this motel. The place was packed with at least one girls softball team but the staff made sure our room was located far away from the noise and we didn't hear a sound during the night. Breakfast was fantastic! The room and bath, very clean. The only drawback is that the air conditioner seems to spit out some sort of strange smell that does border on obnoxious.

Room Tip: There is no nice restaurant nearby so you may want to consider this before stopping for the night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is ok but certainly nothing to write home about.
Kesha, the front desk clerk was a wonderful "people person" she was friendly, engaging and took the time to look up, type up, and print all the area restraunts after the computer file had been deleted. The room was kind of old feeling, the floor had some missing tiles around the tub, the carpet felt DIRTY and the AC was rather loud. At the continential breakfast the employee that served that area stood there and watched you and everything you took. At 9:30 there was a swarm of hotel employees that came in to eat.
Beds very firm, pool small and chilly, no whirlpool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harpster, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The bed in this room is amazing! I havent slept that good in years! The hotel is clean, the staff very helpful and although close to the highway, i didnt hear much traffic. The bathroom was a little small but clean and well stocked.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus West
BEST WESTERN Suites
BEST WESTERN Suites
#21 of 143 in Columbus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard

Been to Holiday Inn Express London I-70? Share your experiences!