“Decent stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in London
Brookville, Ohio
“Decent stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Due to the frequency of my travels and the typical ratings used by other guests, I want to be careful and not judge a hotel too harshly or give it too much praise.

This is a decent hotel, for a decent rate, and a decent night's sleep.

Finding the hotel at night, was a little tricky but once you figure the small access road out, it's not a big deal. Check in was quick and efficient. Super friendly young lady at the front desk who was pleasant to deal with an early morning check-in.

Due to my late arrival, I did not use the breakfast.

I can't blame housekeeping for pounding on my door at 8AM because I forgot to hang my "do not disturb" sign.

I slept well. Ventilation was good in the room. I couldn't hear the neighbors but there were sounds coming through the vents in the bathroom. No loud noises or traffic on nearby roads to disturb.

I would stay at this hotel again, considering the alternatives in London.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear HGfromOmaha,

Thank you for your considerate review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Thank you again for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice motel for the price. Clean and very friendly staff. The facilities are maintained nicely. Motel has appearance of being newer but of course is not. Breakfast bar is adequate but not great. All in all very good

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marion G
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here one night while traveling. King room
Not a bad place
Pros: clean, no bugs, fairly large rooms
Cons: bathroom too small, hair dryer didn't work, drapes didn't close (too much light from outside lights)

Basically, the pros were enough that we probably would stay here again. The cons were little stuff I could overlook for one night.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Though it's a bit tough to find (there is no sign other than the tall one right at the exit), we had a very pleasant evening at this motel. The place was packed with at least one girls softball team but the staff made sure our room was located far away from the noise and we didn't hear a sound during the night. Breakfast was fantastic! The room and bath, very clean. The only drawback is that the air conditioner seems to spit out some sort of strange smell that does border on obnoxious.

Room Tip: There is no nice restaurant nearby so you may want to consider this before stopping for the night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is ok but certainly nothing to write home about.
Kesha, the front desk clerk was a wonderful "people person" she was friendly, engaging and took the time to look up, type up, and print all the area restraunts after the computer file had been deleted. The room was kind of old feeling, the floor had some missing tiles around the tub, the carpet felt DIRTY and the AC was rather loud. At the continential breakfast the employee that served that area stood there and watched you and everything you took. At 9:30 there was a swarm of hotel employees that came in to eat.
Beds very firm, pool small and chilly, no whirlpool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harpster, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The bed in this room is amazing! I havent slept that good in years! The hotel is clean, the staff very helpful and although close to the highway, i didnt hear much traffic. The bathroom was a little small but clean and well stocked.

• Stayed June 2012
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Will start off by saying we must have had the same girl working the night we arrived as the reviewer before us, because she was fantastic. It is people at the front desk like this young lady that make your stay start out fantastic. The hotel was nice and just what we needed, although the room had strong smell of air freshner or perfume (could do without that). The only other issue that we had was that we are not rocket scientists, so trying to figure out the T.V. converter was a nightmare, so T.V. we did not watch.

We will return for sure though as this spot has everything you need. It is right by the highway, has a walmart close by as well as restaurants and their front desk staff is great. See you soon

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chicostravellin
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Best Western Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard

Been to Holiday Inn Express London I-70? Share your experiences!