“Stay Away”

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 London
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Property was dingy, not up-to-date, and not very clean. Probably the most expensive Motel 6 I've ever stayed in - tremendously overpriced. There are other alternatives nearby - don't bother with this one!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Palehose18

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here as a last resort, since all the independents on 40 since Columbus had been incredibly creepy. Didn't go as far as the Madison Motel to the west of this place, or I might have given that a shot. Anyhow, after wandering around for an hour and a half, and being turned away by the weirdo at the Cordle, I gave up and settled for this place.

It's a strange look for this chain, several small one story buildings. Not sure how long it's been a Motel 6, but all the pens at the desk were Knights Inn (an even cruddier chain). The clerk was friendly, and the rate was decent, about $54 with my AAA card.

The rooms are pretty big, and decently clean. Furnishings are older, but not beat up. You get a fridge, microwave, dirty old beige phone, a big old tube TV with a reasonable cable selection, but no clock. The heater worked well, and the wi-fi signal was pretty good. The beds were comfortable, and the sheets were clean. You also got a thin blanket and the obligatory duvet.

The bathroom was pretty clean (towels okay, hot water good, soap only), but the walls were seriously warped and the wallpaper had split in several places. The wallboard under the sink outside was also badly warped. As a matter of fact, the building was very cheap and flimsy, and people walking around on the plywood floors in adjoining rooms sounded like they were running around on the roof.

The night was fairly quiet, but the room wasn't terribly dark since the shades let a lot of light in at the top. All in all, for a place to sleep at a decent price, it wasn't bad, but I'd just as soon try someplace else if I ever go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

People, people---play nice! Writing reviews and using words like "filthy" can shutter an entire business. Was there toxic mold? ---or were the towels a bit frayed and a few places in the wall that had some cracks and a bit of peeling paint. Careful with your words, please.
If you are paying high-end prices for a hotel that promises all the things that YOU find important (for just one or two nights of your life)---then expect to pay well over what Motel 6 can offer. And do not contribute to the challenges for franchise owners to close yet another business.
Have you heard? The economy is rough for most of us. Repairs and upkeep of older motels require money. Either lighten up----stay home----or pay much more at an expensive hotel. ALL these critical reviews acknowledge that the staff is FRIENDLY!!!! With that, I will happily ignore a bit of caulking that is greying, an older carpet with a few stains-----especially for the prices! And please do not travel to other countries unless you can travel with the Kardashians or I promise you---there will be some real challenges. I apologize if I sound critical --but we need to remember that just because the internet gives us the opportunity to REVIEW our every experiences--we need to use kindness, critical thinking---and wait a week to see if you really need to SLAM a business.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank wheninrome95
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The staff who checked me in - Cathy - counts for one of the stars in this review. She was pleasant and went above and beyond what was required; she made a call to a local place to see if they served gluon free fare. I didn't think they would, but she called and asked. Kind of her!

I explained that I was traveling alone and would appreciate if she put me close to the front, so she did, which meant putting me in a room they normally reserve for longer stays. Her service was awesome. The room, not so much. The small tub is peeling - or splitting - whatever plastic bathtubs do. The carpet seemed like it is probably filthy but its dark color hides it. The furniture is aged and the bedspreads are... Motel 6 multi-colored. The new sink counter (granite, I think) is beautiful but - what was that hole where tissues should go? There were none, and more to the point - how/where would they get them in there, anyway?? Seemed like a design flaw.

I had a little creepy feeling at this motel like if I screamed no one would hear me. Can't fault Motel 6 for that - it just felt so removed from things! LOL Glad to say no screaming was necessary ;)

My ultimate mark of comfort in a hotel room is whether or not I will sit or lay on the bedspread. (Seriously... germs, people. Eww.) I gingerly pulled the cover off and onto the floor. The bed itself was old, hard and the pillows were possibly the ones I had in kindergarten. Hard to tell, but they were just as flat and lumpy as those were.

Quite affordable - this and Cathy were its saving grace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BetteBlue
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stoped at this small Motel 6 in London, OH after the cities were all booked up. It was clean, reasonably up to date, quiet, and the staff was polite and helpful. There were several fast food places within walking distance. For the price and for a place to crash when traveling it was just perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DORIS W
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a number of years. It is not being maintained. That being said, it is comfortable enough, clean enough, and has a few new amenities: fridge & microwave and a table, and free WiFi. You get what you pay for; $60 for two people and no charge for the dog. Nevertheless, I will be back there next month for another night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geographer08
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just looking for someplace to lay my head at 11pm and be back on the road by 8am - no need for fancy schmancy or expensive. the property is very basic - my 17 y.o. son and I arrived late at night and were greeted by a friendly attendant. We were directed to our room - All rooms have outside access, but it was nice to park right at the door! The motel seemed to be only 1/3 full that night, so it was very quiet. The room was very small, but enough room for 2 beds and 2 ppl on a quick overnight stay. The room was chilly when we entered, but quickly warmed when I turned on the wall unit. The wall unit cycled a few times during the night - heard it but not extremely loud. There was not a lot of lighting in the room -again - not really needed on our stay - we did not even turn on the television. The bed linens and towels seemed worn but clean - they weren't white white like the fancy hotels, but adequate. I checked for bugs (as I do wherever I stay) and found no evidence. The fridge kept our water cold all night. There is a coffee maker in the lobby w/ free coffee. It appears that this inn keeper is trying to make a go of it and we had no issues.

Room Tip: found out after the fact that there are internet rate specials