“Relaxing in luxury”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Stunningly Beautiful and Secluded Amish Built Log Cabin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jmdavis51...
Columbus, Ohio
“Lovely propery, but some improvements needed”
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Five friends stayed at Christine's Chalet 11/10-11/13/2016. This is our 8th year of visiting Hocking Hills and we're always excited to find a new cabin that meets our needs. First let me say that it is a lovely cabin and a beautiful setting. Very clean and peaceful.

Now to the reasons that we cannot give it more than 3 stars:

- The well water has a very strong sulfur odor that can smell up the cabin. We were unable to cook or brush our teeth using the water. Some type of water filtration system could go a very long way in improving the renter's experience. Take our word...it is horrible!

- The cabin is advertised as accommodating 8 people, but both of the living areas only have seating for 4. The addition of a couch and/or chair, instead of 2 love seats would make gathering around the fireplace or TV much more pleasant.

- The bathrooms were stocked with 8 bath towels, 8 hand towels, 8 wash cloths and 2 rolls of toilet paper for a 3 night reservation. There should be more linens available or, at the very least, some detergent available to wash the towels. The kitchen could also be better stocked with some baking pans, Crock Pot.

- Lastly, the Check-in and Check-out Instruction form is poorly executed. All of the CAPS and BOLDING are unnecessary. The threat of additional $100 charges for minor infractions became a running joke for us throughout our stay. We are adults and respect other's property as we do our own.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 19, 2017
An update to the water issue; After extensive testing and the addition of thousands of dollars of softners and filtering equipment, it was discovered that the telephone company ran into and cracked the well casing which allowed ground water to leak into the casing. It has since been repaired. It's safe to say that we now have the best quality water in Hocking Hills in Christine's Chalet. In response to your comment, all cabins now have a sofa/loveseat in the great room as opposed to a loveseat/loveseat. We have updated our website to include a "what's included" and "What to bring" section so there is a more clear understanding of what to bring. Nearly all cabins in Hocking Hills include only a "starter" supply of toilet paper and paper towels. My Wife oversees the kitchens and has made some additions based on comments. We did revise our "check-in check-out instructions" so as to be not so offensive, but we do want our guests to have a clear understanding as to our policies to prevent misunderstandings. Thank you for being our guests.
Wander558...
“Relaxing in luxury”
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Beautifully kept cabin, quite and serine. Great place for a family to unwind, and connect. We are definitely going to book another trip here.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for visiting. Please come again.
badmoth
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Beautiful, new, clean house. Contact person was a little rough around the edges”
Reviewed November 2, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I rented the Hannah's Hideaway cabin for my family of four: my wife and I and two daughters (ages 11 & 12). The pictures provided are accurate. The cabin is new and clean. I didn't give it five stars for two reasons.
First, the kitchen tools (pots, pans, utensils) are of such poor quality that they're almost unusable. The pans are old and sparse. The one spatula I could find was so flimsy it buckled under the weight of scrambled eggs. The cabin is pretty upscale and I was paying a pretty dear price. It seemed a shame that they chose to scrimp on something like that. Usable or durable cooking utensils are inexpensive.
The second reason I'm not giving this cabin five stars is considerably more egregious. The contact person (a man) was rude. He sent an email (rife with spelling errors) one day before my arrival. The email contained check-in instructions along with a list of bad behavior for which I would be fined (too many occupants, not cleaning the hot tub, moving "furnature", etc.). I've stayed in many rentals and I understand they all have rules. However, this letter needs some work. It really reads like someone is barking orders at you. The email also said I would be sent a key code before check-in. The key code was never sent. When we arrived at the cabin, I had to walk back up the driveway to the road in order to get cell phone reception (no Sprint coverage and no Internet at the house). I called the contact number. A man answered and I identified myself and said "I am the person renting Hannah's Hideaway this weekend". He responded with: "Yeah?". Believe me, the tone was extremely curt and dismissive. I explained that I never received the key code. He gave it to me and to be fair, he did say "sorry" for not sending it. I didn't care about having to call. But his attitude really ticked me off and it wasn't a good way to begin what was otherwise an enjoyable weekend.
I recommend Hannah's Hideaway. If they invest maybe $50 in kitchen utensils and improve their customer service skills, it will be a 5-star cabin.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin is wonderful
Liked least: No Internet. The listing indicates that you can pay extra for it but it was never offered. It's already an expensive place to stay. It's a little silly to charge for Internet.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Sep 19, 2017
First of all, let me thank you for your business and for being our guest. Let me start by saying that you visited during the first few months of our operations, and we were somewhat of a business in flux at the time. Now to respond to your comments because they are somewhat disturbing to me and also untrue. We do not require our guests to clean our hot tubs, but simply to make an effort to keep them clean. We have revised our "check-in check-out" instructions a few times to make them a little more "user friendly", However, we, as well as all of the other cabin owners in Hocking Hills, think it is a good idea to have a clear understanding of the procedures. Our check-in instructions, which contain the lock box code, is only sent out after our guests have reviewed and agreed in writing to the rental agreement. We ask for this to be done well in advance so we do not end up with guests at the cabins without check-in instructions. ATT and sprint work OK at our cabins. Verizon not so good. There is now internet at all cabins. Your attempt to attack my personal character making me out to be a dumb redneck is completely uncalled for. I am a person with multiple college degrees and 7 years of college education. We are kind and courteous to ALL of our guests. After looking at your other reviews on Trip Advisor, I noticed a pattern of personal character attack on others? We put thousands of dollars into our kitchen furnishings. There are no "old" kitchen utensils in the kitchens. We did however inspect the ones you complained about and replaced them with a higher quality utensil. We are sorry you were unhappy with your stay.
ecscott11
Columbus, Ohio
“Secluded Girls Weekend”
Reviewed October 27, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We had the most wonderful weekend celebrating my mother's 50th birthday with friends and family - the cabin was just what we anticipated and more!! We were able to relax and enjoy the beautiful views with no worries whatsoever - the cabin itself, as well as furniture and appliances were all excellent quality. The fire pit and gas fireplace were just lovely. Myself and guests all had Verizon cell phones, which did not receive signal anywhere near the cabin, but it was surprisingly pleasant to be "off the grid." Fabulous stay and we will definitely be revisiting and recommending in the future!

Liked best: Fireplace and views
Liked least: smelly water and no cellphone signal
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
Mary M
“This place is Amazing!”
Reviewed September 10, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

My family stayed at Christine's Chalet over Labor Day weekend. The cabin is absolutely amazing! Not only is it beautiful, it had everything we needed to enjoy a relaxing weekend. We had lots planned for the weekend but we would have been perfectly happy to stay at the cabin the whole time - it felt like a home away from home. My young adult kids slept in the loft bedroom and they said "it felt like they were waking up in a tree house" with the view from up there. We will definitely plan to stay again!

Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Tracy R
“Fabulous Cabin Retreat!”
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Our family of 3 stayed in the "Hannah's Hideaway" cabin & it was wonderful! The immaculate cabin features some of the finest workmanship I've ever seen. This secluded getaway has everything you need to relax & unwind after enjoying the many outdoor activities in the area. We would happily return to & recommend this retreat to anyone.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Reviewed July 20, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for visiting. Odd how the bugs are so minimal on our property? We equipped our cabins with high quality Beauty Rest mattresses because we wanted our guest to be as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing