“KEEP DRIVING TO WHITE CASTLE” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millstone Restaurant Smoked BBQ

Millstone Restaurant Smoked BBQ
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio
“KEEP DRIVING TO WHITE CASTLE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

First, I would like to say that perhaps I might be biased in that we eat out way tooo much so I would say that I know perhaps a bit more than most. Besides that I know when someone is rude and I don't have to get down the road and think hum..

This is better than the last time we were there when I swore I would never eat there again. If someone at this place really knew how to cook brisket it might help. But at least this time it didn't explode in your mouth like saw dust. So the food after a year was better. But if you read the other reviews don't except anything other than food. Must be a local thing because it is busy. However, it helps when there is NOTHING ELSE and your along side the main freeway.

We arrived and the service was as bad as in some third world country....Where they know there is nothing for 500 miles... eat now or starve. Ten to twenty minute wait with five employees standing around talking and smoking out back during rush hour. Oh I guess 9:00 pm on a Friday night in the middle of a tourist area is late is past rush hour.....I suppose they were out of the sight of the boss. ....Asked if we could sit at the bar walking through counted six tables empty but not bussed. Oh maybe they were out back smoking.

Sat down at the bar and right away was made to feel lower than whale poo by Mags { later found out her name not because she said hello welcome I'm ....only because it was on the bill Mags} some people shouldn't be cops because they enjoy beating people too much. This gal was the worst in 50 years of eating out. She took pride in one thing which the sign above the bar that said, "If you think the waitress is rude I'll let you speak to the manager" Set the whole tone...of course not like Roosters which have all kinds of funny signs.....this was just one, but also true.

When ordering It might be nice if someone looked at you like.... if even if I'm not important, humor me as though I am. I asked for a hamburger due to the worst saw dust brisket ever the last time. Wanted the works . Of course like a bad mother in law she didn't even acknowledge I was speaking like smoking during sex.... Not once after ordering did she come back to ask how it was the FOOD. .maybe she wouldn't have copped an attitude when I asked where my tomato was... oh yea now you can go again a second time because you didn't ask if there was anything else \I can get you,....YES MUSTARD....again like what's the big deal eat your crap stop bugging me ...Of course she was too busy talking about how blasted she was going to get at some hoe down.... And I use that term loosely

She never refilled drinks, gave us or order, rang our bill, gave us a to-go bag for the dog, nor when she was asked at the end of the bar by another customer if they had some wet wipes she said while his hands were waving in the air like some bad blow dryer in some cheap bath room yea just a minute .... of course she was in the middle of waiting for some other gal counting out her money for the three large bags of food she helped drop on the counter then of course it took some one else to ask if she needed help to the car....instead of while she was counting saying oh sure let me get you some handi wipes just a minute please ma'am she stood there and stood there and stood there....Meanwhile I thought this guy was at the end of a tarmac waving in planes....like I said someone else got our bill, got us a to-go bag why oh that's right she worked so hard she came back with her coat on I assume to hang around out back smoking...great help is impossible to find these days, bad help is almost every where, an expectant attitude seems to be the norm...but this gal must have went and trained in the how to piss your customer off and never return school....Oh yea forgot how while watching the game on the only tv at the bar she reaches up and turns it to the Reds and then says, We are watching the Reds and if no one likes it they should not be here....Not is any one watching this and do you mind if I change it....

Yea Mags I tipped you $ 1.00 dollar which was .99 cents more than you're worth. You have to be related to someone that owns the place or sleeping with someone because I cant be the only one in southern Ohio that knows bad service....

Last $35.00 bucks you'll ever get from me I'll drive the 500 miles back to White Castle...(Insert sarcasm)

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tripping_the_Globe

Bryan, Ohio
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Decide to try this after a visit to Nelsonville. Food was good, but the server Amy was awesome. Great personality and worked hard for our party of eight.

• Visited September 2013
Hazel Green
“Very busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a recommendation for its excellent barbequed food. It was very busy, so apparently very popular. In my opinion, the food was very good. Nice fresh salad with out meal, but I wouldn't say it was the best barbequed food I have ever eaten.. Prices were reasonable for an evening menu. The service was fine. Not sure there were a lot of restaurants open after 8:00 p.m. in the area. Well, there was a nice looking Mexican restaurant across the street that looked pretty busy, too.

Visited July 2013
Hunker, Pennsylvania
“Yummy BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

They give you little corn muffins that are warm and delicious before you even order. The pulled pork sandwich without any BBQ sauce is really good and if you decide you want a little sauce there are 2 different sauces on your table but you don't need much. Service was fast and friendly and our waitress was very attentive. Worth a stop on your trip!

• Visited May 2013
Bolivar, Ohio
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped here on our way home after we has checked out of our cabin because it was on the way.....and they let us bring our dog in if we sat out on the patio.....they even gave him a bucket of water. They have some great lunch specials and prices I had the BBQ Brisket wrap which was awesome and only cost 6.99...can't beat that. My husband had pulled pork which was also good. If your looking for a quick place to eat and want to bring your dog this is the place, quality food on the cheap.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Millstone Restaurant Smoked BBQ? Share your experiences!