This inn is part of the Select Registry, in fact the innkeeper/owner is even president of the organization. Therefore I had high hopes that everything would be pretty much perfect. Guess I should have lowered the bar.
We stayed in tree house.
The cabin was clean. It was nicely set in the woods and we didn't hear and road traffic. The main living room is on the entrance floor with the bedroom downstairs. There are spiral stairs to the bedroom which make it hard to carry luggage down. We just used the outside stairs connecting the back porches and it was much easier.
The whole cabin had a bit of a musty smell but we opened the windows and it was fine. One dad we came back and there were a dozen flys near the top windows in the living room. We killed them but didn't see where they were coming from.
If you are planning on cooking be aware TEHRE IS NO LARGE FRIDGE OR FREEZER. The pictures on the websites show a large fridge in most of the cabin pictures. This cabin only had a small mini bar fridge. This was not an issue for us since we cooked the day we got there but if we were planning cooking more this would have been an issue.
The bed was just average to almost poor. The sheets were great though since they use the COMPHY brand microfiber ones. We had no issues with hot water running out.
Do take your own hairdryer! Even tho they have one its just an attached-to-the-wall unit and it seems to only have one setting: really hot.
The little soaps and things were from China. They are "green" products but if an inn is trying to be more green I would think it would be better to use products available locally/USA. Shipping them from halfway across the world isn't really 'green'.
Based no the reviews I was expecting the food and breakfasts to be great. They were not. Each day you have the same exact menu with one 'special of the day". If you don't like the special of the day it gets boring picking from the same thing over and over again
Then you pick one of the following
Special fo the day
Steel Cut Oatmeal with toppings (brown sugar, nuts, dried fruit)
Eggs (any style)
and then 2 sides from toast, bacon, sausage, muffins
There is also a table set up with yogurt, fruit salad, granola and whole fruit.
One day I asked if I could get a little cheese or ham in my scrambled eggs and the waitress said no cause that stuff was alll put away. Really? I'm paying over 300 a night and can't get a little cheese even? that annoyed me.
the muffins were good but overhyped I think. The one day it was a blueberry muffin and both of ours only have 3 blueberries in them.
We also has dinner one night. The roasted chicken was average, There was not enough seasoning on it for being "Herb Crusted". I was more like herb dusted and it could have used more cranberry sauce to cover up the dryness. The steak was cooked well temperature wise but again lacked seasoning. The dessert Crème Brule was not good at all. It was not creamy and I wished we would have just sent it back.
The food was not up to par as other select registry inns we've stayed at. It was just very average and too expensive for average food.
The entire time we were there the serivce in the dining room was so-so. The breakfast people never seemed happy except for one waitress. The actual innnkeeper/owner was also around at breakfast but she never introduced herself.
Our server for dinner seemed bothered to be working. She was slow to fill water, we had to stop another waitress for it and she also forgot our bread and didn't bring it out until 20 minutes later right before our food.
The front desk people were ok. I think the friendliest person we meet was the head housekeeper.
The hocking hills area was nice. I'm glad I saw everyting that I wanted to so I don't need to return to the area. I would recommend the area but not this inn. Maybe rent a personal cabin, There were a lot of ads for those in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hearty breakfast is included with every stay. Enjoy a fine dining experience in a relaxed setting after a long hike in the Hocking Hills. The restaurant is located on the Inn grounds in an 1840s log cabin. The kitchen is open style so guest may watch their meals being prepared. During the peak season months of spring until late fall, we are open from 11:30am until 1:30pm for lunch. During the winter months, we are only open on Saturdays and Sundays on holiday weekends. Dinner reservations are required and available from 5:30pm until 8:45pm. Reconnect with yourself with a relaxing spa treatment in our unique destination spa. Plan your next corporate retreat and business meeting in the Gathering Place with WIFI and all your AV needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn And Spa At Cedar Falls
- The Inn & Spa At Cedar Falls Hotel Logan
- The Inn & Spa At Cedar Falls Ohio/Logan