My husband and I came to Hocking Hills for the winter hike which was a great event. We picked this inn because of its location to the hike and it was in the "Select Registry--Distinguished Inns of North America" book. We stayed in the "Inn" which was really just a newer barn with 9 bedrooms and a common living space. When I made reservations I had to book for 2 nights because it was on a weekend. We only wanted to stay one night but that was not an option. If it was high season I would understand this, but it was the middle of Jan. and the place was sparcely occupied and we were paying $225.50 each night. The hostess didn't take us to the room. She just took me to the back of the office/gift shop and pointed up the hill to the inn. (She was also the gift shop clerk so I guess she couldn't leave.) No one offered to help us with our luggage from the car to the inn up a steep hill. We are not helpless but all other 5 Select Registry Inns we have stayed at offered assistance to and from our room when checking in and out. The hostess seemed to be more worried about us parking in front of the office to check in and unload than welcoming us as new visitors. The parking lot across the street from the office was extremely muddy and slippery. It could use some gravel or blacktop. The sink in the room which was out in the open with the bed did not offer much privacy. I missed having ice located in the same building. There was no phone in the room in case of emergency or to call the front desk to ask questions. We did not come to watch t.v. but a dvd player and t.v. to relax and watch a movie after hiking all day would have been nice. There was only one comfortable chair in the room to use while reading. One of us had to sit on the bed. Water in the frig and fresh fruit and granola bars would have been a nice touch like the other S.R. Inns do. The best part of our two day stay was the included delicious breakfast each morning and the young ladies who waited on us. This place just doesn't compare with what we have experienced with other high quality inns. The next time we will try another place since there are so many options near Hocking Hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hearty breakfast is included with every stay. Enjoy a fine dining experience in a relaxed setting after a long hike in the Hocking Hills. The restaurant is located on the Inn grounds in an 1840s log cabin. The kitchen is open style so guest may watch their meals being prepared. During the peak season months of spring until late fall, we are open from 11:30am until 1:30pm for lunch. During the winter months, we are only open on Saturdays and Sundays on holiday weekends. Dinner reservations are required and available from 5:30pm until 8:45pm. Reconnect with yourself with a relaxing spa treatment in our unique destination spa. Plan your next corporate retreat and business meeting in the Gathering Place with WIFI and all your AV needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Spa At Cedar Falls Hotel Logan
- The Inn And Spa At Cedar Falls
- The Inn & Spa At Cedar Falls Ohio/Logan