The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
$109
Holiday Inn Express Logan(Logan)(Great Value!)
$119
$119
$129
$125
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe cottagescedar fallsfiletgranolarooftop gardenstrong wolfget awaymy husband and igift shopking cottagegathering roomhocking hillsbreakfast was includedcouples massagehoneysuckle cottagenatural beautyporch swing
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My first impression that this was going to be a great experience were these reviews. So forgive me, when i see 4 stars, i think for the experience i received here from beginning to end, i wish there was an extra 5 stars to give this place.
Ellen, the owner, just casually walked up to our breakfast table and said would you like some more coffee. She could have been another staff person, but i stopped to ask who she was, and she told me. Her hospitality, and the story of this place are so rich, it was worth the nearly 6 hours it took back and forth from Pittsburgh PA to Ohio... done in 2 days. I wish we could have stayed more than just the night. Next time i'm flying to Columbus and going to the spa. My team and i hope to work with Ellen and her future brides for photos and music, though this was a leisure trip this time around. Again, it would be worth the flight out from Cali to Columbus to paradise.
The dinner was FANTASTIC. The service was PHENOMENAL. The breakfast was DELICIOUS. The cottage was quaint, simple, beautiful, and restful. Ellen and her team of chefs, wait staff, desk personnel, and everyone who helped us, or simply greeted us deserves major kudos for putting such great energy and happy vibes in this wonderful getaway.
Thank you all for making us feel so welcomed. We hope to return (soon). ;-)
One warning for all those coming from places unfamiliar to woods... if you travel in the Fall, be wary the deer...so do yourselves a favor, and DO NOT travel at night into this location... it gets too dark to see, and we will not be doing that again. Though we fortunately did not have a run in with any of Bambi's family - the scare alone put us on edge. Fortunately, once we arrived, the warm smiles put us back at ease.

Room Tip: We stayed at Larkspur Cottage. It's secluded and away from the main gathering area. For a true getaway, choose the cottage options if you can, as the other rooms are 2 story stays and too close to each other (though cheaper). This cottage was just right for us. King size bed was big enough, and we had extra blankets and pillows to make it more comfortable for a 3rd person to stay there too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank comedicmuse
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

The best part of my job is spending time with our guests at breakfast. It gives me the chance to make new friends and see those guests who return time and time again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our third stay at the Inn, and it is always a relaxing getaway. The spa services were extremely good and very well priced. Loved the folks working there. Would have to say that was the highlight of this stay. The breakfasts and dinners were also spectacular, and the reason why we keep coming back to the Inn. Servers were very friendly and engaging. It goes without saying that the scenery was great in October, but you can stay anywhere in Hocking Hills and have that scenery.

We were coming with another couple and so stayed in Redbud with two bedrooms. Really cute and comfortable for 4 people! Have to say I was a little disappointed to realize that not only did we not have a hot tub, but there was also no bathtub in either of the bathrooms. After a strenuous day of hiking, I would have really enjoyed soaking in some warm water! It would also have been nice to have had the ability to watch a movie with our friends at least one evening since we were there for three nights. No desire to watch t.v. but would have been nice to pop in a dvd at night.

Might consider trying another spot next time with a few more features and less expensive price tag....

Room Tip: Book very early for Fall leaf season and check whether you will get a hot tub or a bath tub in your room.
1  Thank pedalmom
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Appreciate the kudos about our service. Certainly, our specialty. All cottages and some cabins have two person whirlpool tubs. You might want to try those next time.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me start by mentioning that I'd have given a "Good" rating if TA had one. I did not want to rate them "Poor" because that'd be unfair while I did not believe that they earned a "Very Good" rating.

With that disclaimer, now the details.

We stayed in this inn on October 21, 2012.

Room:
We stayed in a room called the "Humming Bird". There were 2 twin beds in the room that would be just long enough for folks up to 5'6". In addition, there were a wooden rocking chair, a writing desk, a loveseat, a coffee maker and the usuals like body soap. There wasn't any TV or refrigerator in the room but we weren't there to watch CSI Miami while sipping on cold Beer so it did not bother us. I should mention that there's a community room on the 1st floor that has a refrigerator and other some goodies.
That being said, we did not get a good night's sleep. The walls were paper-thin, so much that for the first half of the night I was kept awake by a neighbor snoring loudly and for the later half by another making a lot of noise in what I assumed was an effort to go to the bathroom. The issue with thin walls is common with all "rustic" hotels that I've stayed in, but the best ones put a lot of space between 2 rooms to mitigate some of that problem.

Service:
The staff were very polite and helpful. They provided clear directions when asked for and apologized when they couldn't. This is been highlighted by other reviewers as well.

Value:
This is where, IMHO, that they have lot of scope of improvement. We do not eat much and most of the times, share a dinner entree. In this case, we were charged $5 for doing that! I've eaten at many fine dining restaurants all over the country and this is the first time I saw, to my surprise, a restaurant charging the patrons for sharing food. Not to mention that the service was super slow. The room charge was also on the high side, equalling rooms I lived in in Yellowstone National Park which just doesn't compare to Hocking Hills State Park. As a fair reviewer, I should mention that our room was booked at the last minute and that might have been the reason for a high rate.

Location:
The location can't be beat. The inn is stone's throw from Cedar Falls and few miles from Ash Cave and Old Man's Cave. Another lesser known attraction nearby is the Rose Lake, which I do recommend hiking to. However, because of this year's draught throughout United States, ALL the above mentioned falls had dried up. We were very disappointed because I was hoping for some fall color photos but without the falls, the center of attraction of the image was missing.

All in all, if you reserve early, sleep like a baby and don't split/share food, go for this inn.

1  Thank Abhi0123
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Want a great night's sleep? Stay in our cottages or cabins, each are nestled on their own two acres. Winter and apring are the best times of year for the flowing waterfalls. Our staff are known for their outstanding hospitality, thanks for the kudos.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls was exactly as it is advertised. A relaxing place to lose your cell phone and disconnect from everyday life. The grounds are well kept and very enjoyable. There are hammocks for relaxing, a fire pit to enjoy and woods for brid watching. The gardens are beautiful as well.

The restaurant serves 5 star food with good service. We enjoyed both breakfast and dinner at the Inn.

We stayed in the Chick A Dee room. It was perfect for a couple.

There are activieties close, such as numerious hikng areas, zip lines and canoeing.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Let us start by saying that we could sum up this review by saying OUTSTANDING VISIT! However, we will expound a little bit. Whoever does the training of ALL there employees including Maintenance,housekeeping,servers,chefs,hostess,front desk associates should be commended. They know what customer service means. Next, the cleanliness of the rooms,restaurant,grounds is unbelievable.

We have told many and will tell many more of our Friends that if you want a total pampering experience The Inn at Cedar falls is the place to go.

I would say Good Luck to them in the future but they already know that "luck is the residue of personal desire"!

Mary Lou & Thomas Vermilion, Ohio

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple