“Swans, herons, and ducks, oh my!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at A Georgian Manner to celebrate my 57th birthday. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, which was absolutely lovely. The bed was fantastic, not just in appearance, but in comfort. All of the furnishings were gorgeous, and the private patio with table and chairs was very welcome.

Breakfasts, prepared and served by the lovely Donna, were delicious and varied, and served on a different china service each of the 3 days we were there. We were impressed by the way BJ gives guests the run of the house. The kitchen is stocked with snacks, coffee, tea, etc, and we were welcome to cook there if we wanted to.

BJ is a fantastic host. He's there when you need him, only a phone call away 24/7, but not intrusive as some B&B owners can be. He performed a lake side afternoon wedding while we were there, and we watched from our windows. Lovely, absolutely lovely. His stories of his travels and his mission work are mind boggling. This man has been everywhere and done everything! Each morning after breakfast he visited with all of the guests, offering any help needed to plan our days.

We had a/c and heat controls for our suite, so we were very comfortable, but would like to have had screens on the windows for those lovely cool autumn nights. We also would have liked WiFi, but were able to check phone and email on our cell phones.

We plan to return to A Georgian Manner. It's so private and lovely, but also close to everything the Hocking Hills area has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for A Georgian Manner B&B

Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is the best bed and breakfast my husband and I have ever been to. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and it was beautiful with wonderful views and plenty of privacy. The bed was huge! I think it was bigger than our king size bed at home. Even had Ralph Lauren bedding. It was very upscale. The hospitality could not have been better. BJ, the owner is a wonderful host who is very kind and knows how to make you feel right at home. He is also very knowledgeable about the area and tourism and he should know, he has done lots of traveling. Breakfast was great. Just when I thought he had everything served, he brought out more to eat. This bed and breakfast is definitely worth every penny. I will recommend others to have their weddings, anniversary's, and getaways here!

Reviewed September 19, 2010

After I read the last two reviews, I almost reconsidered staying at this B&B. I was very pleased and the experience exceeded my expectations. The grounds and home are beautiful and immaculate. The website pictures do not do this place justice! The owner was very nice and helpful. Snacks and breakfast were great. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

My wife and I really enjoyed staying here this past weekend! The manner was in great shape along with the grounds. The service was excellent! The owner took the time to explain the area to us, since it was our first time at Hocking Hills. He was very helpful in pointing out places to us that he believed we would enjoy. During breakfast, he took the time to share a bit of his "missions" passion, serving the poor in other countries. My wife and I are looking forward to a return trip to the manner soon! Kevin and Beth

Reviewed August 15, 2010

The Georgian manner is beautiful on the outside. Wonderful view and lovely house. The inside is nice as well. The rooms on the other hand were terrible. The bed was uncomfortable and you could hear everything. Now, if you want romance in the bedroom, this is not the place to stay. The bed is too loud and hearing people talking in the next room is distracting. I never saw breakfast being served and the owner/manager was rude. It should be called "overpriced crappy bed, no breakfast". Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christie0107
sadyLoganOhio, Owner at A Georgian Manner B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2010

Shame Shame on you. You were one of the wedding party that had to be shut down because of setting off unlawful Fireworks, Excessive alcohol consumption,and Distroying property worth hundreds of dollars.

Breakfast is not served with 48 hour wedding rentals per the wedding contract the bride knew about and signed.

The bedroom you stayed in had soiled carpet from make-up, and some one wrote on an expensive night stand with ink that won't come off. When I emailed the Bride about this she assured me there were no children staying in that room, as I had suspected.

You owe me and the Georgian Manner an apology for tyrying to down grade us. Funny all I heard from 10 to 15 people of your wedding party that day was " How beautiful the wedding was and what a " PERFECT" place to have a Wedding"; Until the party had to be shut down!

Same on you.

BJ owner/ Minister

Reviewed August 13, 2010

what a beautiful place!!!! I had forgotten just how important it is to get away. My husband and i watched no tv had no computer, one phone for emergency only!! So quiet and peacful, the owner bj was awesome, he made our stay so enjoyable. We will be back this time in the fall, I can't wait!!! There is just so much more to life than being on the run all of the time. And it really helped my husband and i to re-connect with one another again!!!. THANK YOU BJ. Love michael and trish hollen

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was our 1st time at a B&B, and BJ was a great host and chef made the best breakfast we have had in years. We loved the grounds, the house, the rooms, everything. This is a great retreat and way to reconnect with your spouse. We will definitively be back. While their you must do the zip line (costly but worth it) and take advantage of the moonlight canoeing (free compliments of BJ). We loved it loved it loved it. Not sure what else I can say but if you live in Ohio and are in love this is a great place for you. The rating is 100% for a reason.

1  Thank Jobby28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls

Been to A Georgian Manner B&B? Share your experiences!