“wow !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 16, 2014

What a beautiful place ! so peaceful and relaxing. I really enjoyed meeting B.J (the owner). He is so passionate about his work ! he's very friendly and will give you a lot of infos about the area : What you have to see, to whom you have to talk to, the story of the Georgian Manner etc. After a couple of minutes, i felt he was already a friend. As i was travelling by myself, i thought it was really nice to have a bit of company.

The Georgian manner is located around lake Logan but at the same time, it is close to everything by car (downtown logan, Wal Mart, washboard festival, flea market).

Nicest place in the area !

(Carolyne from Québec, Canada)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I fell in love with the Georgian Manner while looking for a wedding venue.When I called the proprietor, BJ, and discussed the price of renting out the whole Manner for 24 hrs we were shocked at how affordable it was. He gave us several helpful suggestings on everything from tents to food. They even had a grill we used at our reception for grilling our food. All of the rooms are beautiful but of course my husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suit. It had a priavte patio, a jacuzzi, and a king sized bed. The breakfast was delicious and cooked breakfast around mine and the rest of our guests food allergies. Our wedding was beautiful and went off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend the Georgian Manner to anyone staying in the Logan area. I promise if you stay anywhere else you will be missing out!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a nicer one night stay. The house is beautiful, the proprietor BJ was incredibly warm and kind, and breakfast was delicious!
We enjoyed a canoe ride on the lake and loved seeing the swans, blue herons, and swallows. In the morning, we enjoyed coffee on our balcony while watching two deer drink from the lake.
My initial concern was simply to find a clean place to stay, and the Georgian Manner was spotless. However, the whole visit surpassed my expectations and I would go again in a heartbeat.
We also enjoyed our conversation with all the interesting couples around the breakfast table. Especially the newlywed couple that just came back from their wedding in the hot air balloon courtesy of BJ. What a fun morning! What a great place to stay!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at A Georgian Manner. We were in the area because our daughter attends OhioUniversity in Athens. It was graduation weekend and we did not want to pay the outrageous rates at the chain hotels so I started searching for area B and Bs. What a find! I have stayed in many B/B and A Georgian Manner is is one of the best. As other reviewers have stated, BJ is a wonderful host and made us feel at home immediately. I was happy with our room even though it was the smallest, but we knew that before we booked, we were not disappointed. I was able to view the other rooms during our stay and really liked the Queen Mary. I'm sure we will be back and that will be the room I will book. Breakfast was very good and we ate with other couples at the dinning room table and had some good conversation. This morning I was sitting in a rocking chair on the porch. The air was crisp but the sun was shinning and warm. I had a cup of coffee in my hand and watched the swans and geese on the lake in front of me while waiting for breakfast. There is not a chain hotel in Athens that can match that.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

What a memorable. A wonderful atmosphere outside, and the inside was like staying in a history museum. BJ was very generous, flexible, interesting, and most of all friendly. We had a great time despite going in the middle of the winter

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We found A Georgian Manner and the proprietor, B.J. to be a warm and inviting B&B in the picturesque Hocking County Ohio. Situated by Lake Logan which boasts a family of beautiful white swans, the Manner is filled with history dating back to the civil war. We enjoyed the Honeymoon Suite with whirlpool tub and electric fireplace. The snow covered hills provided a romantic backdrop. We were encouraged to think of the Manner as home while we were there. The home cooked breakfast, which included baked French toast, was excellent as was the conversation that surrounded it. (I feel Debbie and I could become fast friends!) We would recommend this as a place to stay to relax, celebrate a special event or even to have your special event. Happy traveling!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

As soon as my fiancé and I saw the Georgian Manner we knew this was the place for our wedding! We had toured the Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC and I can honestly say this place is as close to a Southern Plantation as it gets in Ohio!
Linda and BJ were such wonderful people and we had a truly beautiful ceremony! We knew our guests would love it! Everyone raves about how beautiful the setting, house and the grounds were! We cannot wait to go back for our Anniversary!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank DKMahler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
#27 of 30 in Logan
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Cherry Ridge Retreat
#1 of 3 in New Plymouth

Been to A Georgian Manner B&B? Share your experiences!