“What a find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at A Georgian Manner. We were in the area because our daughter attends OhioUniversity in Athens. It was graduation weekend and we did not want to pay the outrageous rates at the chain hotels so I started searching for area B and Bs. What a find! I have stayed in many B/B and A Georgian Manner is is one of the best. As other reviewers have stated, BJ is a wonderful host and made us feel at home immediately. I was happy with our room even though it was the smallest, but we knew that before we booked, we were not disappointed. I was able to view the other rooms during our stay and really liked the Queen Mary. I'm sure we will be back and that will be the room I will book. Breakfast was very good and we ate with other couples at the dinning room table and had some good conversation. This morning I was sitting in a rocking chair on the porch. The air was crisp but the sun was shinning and warm. I had a cup of coffee in my hand and watched the swans and geese on the lake in front of me while waiting for breakfast. There is not a chain hotel in Athens that can match that.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 19, 2014

What a memorable. A wonderful atmosphere outside, and the inside was like staying in a history museum. BJ was very generous, flexible, interesting, and most of all friendly. We had a great time despite going in the middle of the winter

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We found A Georgian Manner and the proprietor, B.J. to be a warm and inviting B&B in the picturesque Hocking County Ohio. Situated by Lake Logan which boasts a family of beautiful white swans, the Manner is filled with history dating back to the civil war. We enjoyed the Honeymoon Suite with whirlpool tub and electric fireplace. The snow covered hills provided a romantic backdrop. We were encouraged to think of the Manner as home while we were there. The home cooked breakfast, which included baked French toast, was excellent as was the conversation that surrounded it. (I feel Debbie and I could become fast friends!) We would recommend this as a place to stay to relax, celebrate a special event or even to have your special event. Happy traveling!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

As soon as my fiancé and I saw the Georgian Manner we knew this was the place for our wedding! We had toured the Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC and I can honestly say this place is as close to a Southern Plantation as it gets in Ohio!
Linda and BJ were such wonderful people and we had a truly beautiful ceremony! We knew our guests would love it! Everyone raves about how beautiful the setting, house and the grounds were! We cannot wait to go back for our Anniversary!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank DKMahler
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the honeymoon suite for our anniversary. The room was great! The common areas were well decorated. We spent hours looking at everything. The house has a rich history that we both enjoyed learning about. The owner, BJ, is one of the most interesting men you'll ever meet. He was so helpful. He even escorted us to a wonderful place to eat and gave us directions to the local Walmart, as the GPS wasn't working too well out that way. Breakfast was very good. All in all, this was an amazing getaway. I would recommend A Georgian Manner to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic time away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite celebrating my birthday and anniversary! The house and rooms are beautiful and the outside just as gorgeous. The owner BJ was a great host and he and my husband really hit it off lol. The breakfast was great and we can't wait to come back again!! BJ we really need a ghost weekend!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful come have share bathroom but you can pay extra and have it to yourself.