“Cute Cabin But......”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Logan
Acorn Acres Lodging
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Danville, Indiana
“Cute Cabin But......”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just stayed in the Frontier Cabin for 3 nights. Cute cabin but it needs lots of care.
Gus the mouse left his droppings on the microwave. The frontroom carpet needed vaccumed. There is a flat screen tv in frontroom that is useless because you cannot get any channels. Dvd's are provided but no player in frontroom. It is upstairs in the bedroom hooked to an old tv which non of the remotes worked. Also the bedroom ceiling fan needs working bulbs and the fan did not work. Hot tub jets only half of them work. They need to buy new sheets for the bed. They are very worn. Dead cock roaches in kitchen cabinets. We won't be back. Had to pay good money to stay there. Kind of disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank phil t

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed in the frontier cabin. Very cute! Pictures do not do the place justice. Nice place to relax. Cabin was clean and cozy. Only reason I could not give it 5 stars is because of a mouse or two. I realize you are in the woods but I have stayed in cabins before with no mice. Maybe bring some traps if mice make you scream or the sight of droppings in the kitchen sink bother you. Really, despite that it was great!

Room Tip: Frontier cabin is big enough for a couple. Has everything you need.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank browneyedgirl3571
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We ride our motorcycles from Toledo to Hocking often for the beauty of the area and the fun of riding the rolling hills. Normally we stay at the Belmont or Holiday Express, but this time I wanted something different. We stayed in the White Oak Cabin of Acorn Acres Lodging. It was a super cabin. Clean, nicely maintained in a beautiful, quiet "natural" spot. We were only 3 days, 2 nights and the weather was a bit misty wet, but the cabin was a great place to spend time when normally we would be riding. I recommend either of the two cabins at Acorn to anyone BUT those who are on two wheels. The driveway up is 1/4 mile up hill on gravel and stone with a bit of water erosion and is difficult to walk up let alone ride motorcycles. The owner told me of this, but said it was a 2% grade, and admitted he has never rode his motorcycle up it before. I made it up once and down once. I then had my husband take his bike up and then walk down to take mine up and visa versa. I was shaking so bad after my first down ride, I could not talk myself into riding up it again. When we got there, I was hoping for coffee packs, just to settle myself down and there were none. I would recommend they provide at least a couple for new coming folks as we had not gone to a store to buy any. Everything else is supplied that you could need accept for the coffee on arrival. The pillows were quite worn out in the main cabin, but we found new ones in the lower, extra sleep area. White Oak is great for larger families, we got lucky as the other smaller unit was in use. Barring the driveway, what you get for the price is awsome here. Give it a try, you will enjoy it very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pamela M
Fenton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderful cabin. Quiet, clean, comfortable and affordable. Everything has recently been updated and cabin is fully equipped. Great location, between town and parks.
The privacy and hot tub make it the perfect place to relax after hiking the amazing Hocking Hill trails.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We managed to book a last minute stay at the frontier cabin, I was slightly weary as the photos on the website did not show much detail. however it was reasonable and after reading a couple of reviews on here I thought we'd give a shot.
It worked out perfectly, we were able to take our dog who loved the freedom of the property's locations. The hottub was great and there was a lovey gas fireplace for the chilly november nights. We had everything we needed, it was a beautiful location. I'd recommend this cabin for a couples vacation, the hosts were very accomodating and the cabin was very cosy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amel A
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The cabin was wonderful...They literally have everything already there, you only need to bring food if you chose. The pics on there site do not to the place justice.:)

Room Tip: They have 2 cabins one for 2 and one for a family.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joeyrene
Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed the first time in 2007 at the frontier and had a wonderful experience, so we decided to stay at the White Oak our next stay. The accomadations were nice and the management very graciuos. They allowed pets which was great, it was so peaceful and beautiful views. The lower level was where we stand and the kids up stairs. We had enough room the cabin was very qauint and pleasant. The cabin was clean and had all the essentials. The sheets and towels had had a wonderful smell and I was courious as to what they used so I could use it at home. There was a slight smell in the shower from well water, which if you have ever had well water you reconize the smell. There was no mildew or dust. We really had an enjoyable stay and are planning on booking again this coming winter, ( without the kids) can't wait to use the hot tub. It was to hot this time on our stay and are looking forward to having wine in front of the fire place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Acorn Acres Lodging? Share your experiences!