“unbeliveable”

Add it.
Budget Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Reviewed August 24, 2012

nice enough fellow at the desk but probably worst place I've ever stayed. Carpet was gross. Lots of raw plaster patches on the wall that have been there for a while. tv was old and RC was sticky. No sign of bed bugs and believe me I looked! There were a couple of fruit flies though. I itched all night but that might of just been in my head. Shower took forever to get hot and hot and cold were reversed. Old recessed heat lamp fixture was hanging about 1/2" out of the ceiling and had regular 100w bulb.
Sheets, pillow and pillow cases looked, smelt and felt clean. Price was about 1/2 of anyplace around and price charged was less than price quoted on the phone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ridgewalker7

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I read some recent positive reviews of the place, and took the chance on it. For one, it was almost half the price od other hotels in the area. Sure, the place looks dated from the outside and could use a complete makeover. But for the price and convenience made up for it. Rooms are basic, no frills, clean and quiet. The staff are very kind and accomodating. They even moved rooms when one of the TV's was out. Sure, it would have been nice to stay at the more up to date hotel across the way with I am sure fancier rooms and continental breakfast. but being we saved close to $70 on our stay here, it was worth it. We put that money to a nice dinner and breakfast, and still had change left.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank myconductor
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Came to town late on a Thursday and they stayed open until we arrived! The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room appears to be recently updated new furniture, paint etc. Very clean. Cable TV, microwave and frig. included.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Joni L
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this motel in August, 2010 and August, 2011. The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. In 2010, they were working on upgrading the interior of the rooms. In 2011, i think they were done. I believe all rooms have a microwave, a small fridge, and cable. The rooms are regular size and clean, the bathroom is small and spartan, the a/c and heat worked well. They are not first-class rooms, but you aren't paying a first-class rate. I felt safe in 2010, and safer in 2011 as the other guests seemed to be upgrading with the rooms.
You check-in in one building, the parking lot is in the middle and then the two-story rectangular motel is on the other side of the lot. There is nothing special or fancy here, if you are picky or whiny - look elsewhere! It is located on a quiet road which I have found good for morning runs (a little way down you end-up running beside a nice lake).
I intend to go down there with some friends this Spring and again in August with my daughter. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay while you enjoy the beauty of the hocking hills area, I recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank concordsoccer
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had previously read the reviews on this Budget Inn and was quite leery about staying here. But, with new owners since April of this year, I am positive that they have made a difference in the facilities!!!! We had No problem with bugs, filthiness, laziness or any of the negative comments above!!!! The owners were more than friendly and willing to make our stay as comfortable as they could!!!!!! So, definitely, if you are looking for affordable diggs, than this is the place to stay!!!!!!! May not be fancy, but just fine!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank carlaraebob
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This has got to be the worst place I have ever stayed. We were praying for morning and actually considered sleeping in the car. The smell was horrible, they were doing work on the room above us...after midnight. Unfortuantely the only good thing about this place was watching it fade in the distance as we drove away.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amere1
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The River View Restaurant was terrible. At dinner the food was cold and under cooked and was sent back 3 times. Finally I gave up and told the manager. The breakfast was not any better. The scrambled eggs were the worst I ever had and most of the other food was cold. So I did not eat for the entire day. The website would make you think that it was a grand place but when you look around the paint on the ceiling over the fireplace in the lobby is flaking and so it was in our room. The hotel boasts about it's history and that was probably when it was in its hey day. Look around and you'll notice that the place is need of repair. I would not stay there again and definitely would not eat at the River View restaurant.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank jerseyjournal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#27 of 30 in Logan

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!