Review Highlights

Good Ride

Reviewed October 11, 2017
Mfoss31
Wesley Chapel, Florida

All reviews make reservations tour guide table rock main office year olds hocking hills horses riders charlie pony stream lasted paperwork scenery safety
Reviewed September 23, 2018

we went and the place was closed and there was a notice on the door saying that it was closed by the state. By what little I saw from it I suspect the horses were abused and the place was so run down. Like a horror movie set

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Closed Down.
Dump.
Horses taken away!!!!!
Don't go there. We went yesterday every thing is gone.
The State shut them down.
Needs to be taken off the website.
Long drive there and my Granddaughter's very disappointed.
They said that's a real dump.

4  Thank AletaB16
Reviewed July 25, 2018

My family had a blast at Happy Trails. Our guides, Kailynn and Jacob, were wonderful. They did a great job of keeping the horses moving and sharing information about the beautiful scenery. We enjoyed it so much, we returned for a second ride a few days later! We were able to request the same guides and the horses that we rode the first time. They had enough horses to handle large groups and they even rescue horses from other farms that have been mistreated or malnourished. I am happy to support such a good cause! We will definitely be back in the near future!

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

1 hour ride was $35. That was the best price I'd seen from anywhere around. There are longer rides & package deals as well. Even the basic ride was nice. Passed through a stream a few times & up a hill. It was a nice easy ride.
The building itself could be spruced up a bit. The bathroom is a bit scary & the main office could use a nicer gift shop with some snacks & beverages for sale.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Don't judge these guys on first looks! This is not a fancy stable, but all the staff i came in contact with knew what they were doing. They helped relax my nervous daughter and she enjoyed the ride. The trail was beautiful. I would absolutely go back.

1  Thank Bernadette M
Reviewed May 11, 2018

I have rode horses since I was 7 years old and in a wide variety of locations throughout the world but this was by far the best. Happy Trails is not fancy but the owners and guides are friendly and welcoming. They evaluate each rider and find the best match for each person. We took a trail across a stream, up a hill and into a cave where we got a short history lesson and then on through huge boulders to Table Rock before returning back to the barn. The Hocking Hills area is just perfect for a memorable equine experience. This area is a hidden gem in the state of Ohio and Happy Trails made the experience even more special. My sincerest thanks to all.

1  Thank JuJuB45
Reviewed May 11, 2018

I was responsible for arranging horseback riding for families participating in our Columbus Audubon EcoWeekend activities. We had 21 people sign up so we had to split into two groups. Charles was very helpful with getting all of this scheduled. We had two 7 year olds that were very excited to be riding the trail with the rest of the group. Everyone reported that they had a lot of fun and there were many smiles. It is also a scenic ride. The staff was very safety conscious.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

6 of us took a two hour ride, we had Justin for a guide. The trails were great. We did the 1 hour ride last year and the two hour ride allowed us to see so much more. We had 3 kids with 3 adults. The horses basically took care and are extremely familiar with the trails, on the way back we were able to get the horses into a trot and the kids absolutely loved it. Justin had a lot of information about the area and the stories that went along with what we were looking. We also did a pony ride for our 2 year old. Since she is the craziest kid we have it was not surprising that she had no problem getting up on the horse and enjoyed walking down to the stream. This was a great time for our family. Do not be surprised that the bathroom does not shine after all it is a stable.

1  Thank Mfoss31
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to plan a short trip to Hocking Hills this past weekend. He insisted we go horseback riding because I had never been. We had an amazing time! Our guides were Kaylin and Jacob. Both were very friendly, informative and personable. You could see the love the staff has for their animals which made it even more enjoyable :) The trails were beautiful and Jacob told us interesting history facts about the park. Thank you both for a great visit! We will be back!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Okay people this is a horseback riding place do not bring your kids in FLIP FLOPS and NO you cannot bring your INFANT with you! amazing! these are horses people. Common sense apparently is not popular lately! besides that I REALLY liked them!! I have had horses all my life and in particular a Tennessee Walker, they had one here and they let me ride him! Smoke was his name. I was grateful for that! The ride was great and the tour guide a young man and a young lady there name escapes me were so good I tipped them 5.00 each. it was on a Tuesday day Aug 8th . The horse were EXTREMLY well behaved and well trained. the ranch is a typical wrangler ranch do not expect a clean top notch resort again common sense , its a horse stable, its dirty, muddy and horse poop will be abundant! but I highly recommend them and someone with no horse experience will do very well here! young kids even! I myself needed a trip for more experienced riders but my older son never rode so we went on the beginners tour for that reason,, Please call ahead , they get very busy! I found them to all be polite and professional myself but they are younger kids .. tip the tour guide they will appreciate it!!

2  Thank Jennifer L