“This was our boys' "high" for the Hocking Hills trip”
Review of ATV World Recreational Riding - CLOSED

ATV World Recreational Riding
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We found the staff to be informative and friendly. Our son and his friend (both 16) were able to take the ATV's out without a parent...very nice. I was nervous at first, but the young lady who provided instruction to them did a great job of advising them of how to have fun and how to be safe.

We went after it had rained and it was very muddy, but that just made it that much more fun for the boys. A hose was available to clean them up before getting back into the car.

It was a little more expensive than I had expected, but the equipment was newer and nicer than ATV's we have rented in the past. Helmets were provided and they were newer too. I felt good about the equipment provided.

They both said it was the most fun they had on the three day trip.

2  Thank AuntTK

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great experience and outing! It was a blast riding the trails and track. Well worth it - especially if you're city folks and don't get chance to try this sort of thing. Staff were good instructors and very friendly.

1  Thank JarMarJHM
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We called this place a month in advance to set up reservations, but they told us that we did not need any. Since we were on a tight schedule for this trip, I called back and insisted on reservations about 1 week in advance. When we got there, we checked in, and started filling out paperwork. There was already a group there to ride the atv's and they were ready to go get started when the girl at the desk told them they could not go - that we had reservations and that they had to wait until we were done! They of course were very mad because they too had called to make reservations and were told they did not need them. Very poor customer service - these people do not deal with their customers well at all.

We had a large group ranging in age from 10 to 65. They start you out on a slow training course and then move you up the field and trails. Once we were up to the field we were basically on our own. No one stayed to monitor us or to see if anyone was having any problems. After about 10 minutes, the 10 year old in our group realized that she was having trouble with her back brakes - they didn't work! She was so scared that she stopped driving and ended up on the jumpseat of another family member to drive her back, she did not want to ride anymore. Once everyone returned and we went to pay for the ride we were very disappointed that they would not remove or even discount the charges for the broken atv. When we went to hand back in the helmets they just told us to go put them back on the shelf - they didn't sanitize them at all - how gross!

My daughter and I rode the Zip Rail that was there too. My daughter loved it and wanted to go again, but I hated it. Before you zip, they have you do a brake test. I was unable to get them to work. Instead of trying a different seat, they just pushed me slower and slower until I could get a little bit of the brakes to work. Then they sent me down. It is a very noisy and short ride, and when you get near the end you really pick up speed. Of course I could not use my brakes to stop at the end which scared me to death! I blew through 2 stationary brakes and almost hit the bungee cord at the end of the track!

Although most everyone had a good time - I just don't thing this place is safe.

10  Thank tacster