“great!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Loved this place! We came on motorcycles and asked for early check in because of an impending storm. Dianna at the front desk was wonderful - got us in early. All the staff was great. Would definitely stay here again. Good location to do the Hocking Hills sights and hikes. Clean, nicely appointed, wonderful pillows and linens, quiet. Slept like a baby. Pool was clean and well maintained. The grounds were lovely. Breakfast was like all the other Holiday Inn Expresses - good and well stocked. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write out this review! We are always glad to hear that our guests are enjoying their stay. I will be sure to show the staff this review so they know that their hard work isn't going unnoticed!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Meadowview, Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Tv-half the channels were either frozen or no sound. Breakfast isn't good. Good location for state parks. Overall, about what I expect from a Holiday Inn express - a little disappointed, but not so much I left in the middle of the night. About average for the class of hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. During your stay we sadly had the Time Warner Cable Servicemen at our location fixing the issue. I am sorry that this had to be during your stay. Everything has been fixed and the TV is no longer an issue. As for the breakfast, if you could please email me at: hiexlogan@roadrunner.com and tell me how it could have been better I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your email!
Struthers, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Took the sights (and caves) in at Hocking Hills and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Very nice accommodations. Close to everything, very clean, entire staff was very friendly and the morning breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of choices including eggs, sausage (turkey sausage also as an option), bacon and hot cinnamon rolls. Plus the usual breakfast entree amenities.
Indoor pool was open 24 hours. THAT you don't find very often. And in here was the only drawback to the stay. The pool area has the nature stone as a flooring which can be kind of irritating to ones feetsies if you walk barefoot on it. I highly recommend that you bring along a pair of sandals or water-shoes if you wish to enjoy the water amenities. I know most hotel guests bring tongs, slippers or sandals but you still need to walk from the sitting/lounge area to the pool itself. One does not normally walk to the pool's edge with one's tongs on. Other than this small "discomfort" we were very pleased with our stay and would return again. (But I'd definitely remember my tongs)

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with a fridge. You will need to ask and, I believe, there is a surcharge. Also I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BuckeyeBob44471
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I also here how much our guests love our cinnamon rolls! Also thank you for your comments about the pool: we are currently looking into ways to solve this problem! Reviews like this always help us make our hotel better!

Thank you again and we look forward to your future stays with us!
Bedford, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on a weekend anniversary trip to Hocking Hills State park. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. I am forgetful and left a few basic toiletries at home and they had them at the front desk free of charge. The room was very clean and in good repair. The shower head had a few adjustments but the water pressure was average. The bed was excellent!!! We stayed in a king room and the bedding was nice and the pillows were great. Our room had a mini fridge and microwave which was nice to have. We used the pool one night and was probably the only hotel pool that I have been in that was actually a nice temperature...not too hot or too cold. The free breakfast was very good and was a little different each morning. They have THE BEST cinnamon rolls ever and had a fresh pancake making machine (very cool). We could not have been more happy with out stay. Location was great. Right by Lake Logan for fishing and not far at all from the Hocking Hills state park or the canoe liveries. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AliciaW623
Thank you so much for taking your time to fill out this review! We are always excited to see a 5 star review online! Surveys like this really help us figure out how to treat our guests right! I will be sure to let my staff know just how much your enjoyed your stay!

Thank you again and we look forward to your future stays with us!
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel has very poor communication skills and a total lack of following clear directions. We
called this hotel to make reservations, upon presenting our dilemma with finding someone to keep our very small dog, the hotel staff gave us the indication that we would be alright as long as the dog was quiet, Great! i thought.
Never did they say that we would need to be in the room with the dog every second of the stay, otherwise we would of never made the 250 mile drive for nothing. long story short the dog very rarely barks, very timid. Upon arrival I made it very clear that we did not want room service or cleaning during our stay, the next day cleaning services banged on the door which caused the dog to bark, duh! again told them no room service until we check out (3 days later), later that day my son and I went to ash cave and my wife had to run to the store. the short time she was gone, the cleaning staff came back and banged on the door again, then entered the room that I explicitly told them not to clean, then you guessed it, the dog barked, all this took place at 2 pm and the hotel then called me and said that no one was in the room with the dog. and that people were trying to sleep. ?? at 2pm in the afternoon? Again if they would have told me in the beginning that I had to be there every second of the day, we would have never stayed. Or brought the dog. Never Again. Maybe I should of went next door to the mobile home park and paid someone 50.00 to puppy sit for us
Oh and did I forget to mention the refund that hasn't made it's way back on the credit card as of yet, hmm ya

Room Tip: Don't have a pet, they claim pet friendly but expect you to keep them in a hot car and roast jus...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank petjustice
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your pet during your stay with us. We have our pet policy posted online and we have a pet policy paper that you must sign before bringing your dog onto the property. This policy clearly states that the dog must not be left alone in the room at anytime. Your refund also has already been processed. The time it takes to be refunded back into your account depends upon your bank of which was closed on the day you posted this review (Sunday).

Thank you again for your review and have a nice day!
Orem, UT
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is clean and works for a business trip or if you just need a place to crash at night.

Positives
- Friendly staff
- Clean/Nice rooms
- Pool area was good
- The location is in the northern part of town and was really quiet.

Negatives
- 2 of the lamps in the room didn't work and when I called they just said sorry
- Breakfast doesn't start until 6. 5:30 start would be nice
- The workout room is just a couple of pieces of cardio. No other equipment. If you want anything more there are local gyms.

This isn't my first choice in Logan, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if other choices

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! I'm glad to know the hotel was able to give you a friendly staff and clean room! As for the some of the negatives you have listed, I would really appreciate it if you could email me at: hiexlogan@roadrunner.com. My staff are trained to be helpful and friendly! So with your help I would definitely like to figure out what happened so I can prevent this from happening again!

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!

-Michael Ritchey
Assistant Manager
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was also very good. We had hiked in Hocking Hills Park all day and were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub and sleeping in. Unfortunately, neither were possible. The hot tub was broken and the hotel had fire alarm testing the next morning beginning at 9:30 am with posted notice that water would be turned off at 10 am. We didn't feel we got our money's worth for this stay. Millstone BBQ restaurant located next door is excellent. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room which is unusual these days.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane_1964
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your stay. Due to State Fire codes we have to have our alarms tested. We are so sorry that this had to be during your stay and truly apologize for the inconvenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Logan? Share your experiences!