Brass Ring Golf Club - CLOSED
Review Highlights
A new name (Hocking Hills GC) and better experience

This course is located near Logan in the beautiful rolling hills of SE Ohio. It was formerly known... read more

Reviewed June 15, 2015
bgtSEOhio
SE Ohio
Unexpected, but worth a stop.

We were the only diners in the restaurant one evening. Our service was excellent and the table... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2013
squirrelfriend
Dover, Ohio

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Played golf course 10 years ago with my wife for our 5 year anniversary and we came back to the Hocking Hills area because we had a great time. 10 years ago I would have rated this course Very Good, but what 10 years can do to a course when you don't take care of it. WOW! Driving into the course the rough was filled with clover and it didn't look like it had been mowed in 2 weeks. What made it worse is when I went in to pay for green fees he announces to me that it would $80 for two people!!!! Middle of the week teeing off at 1:45. I gave him the are you serious look? His response back to me "I know I agree with you". Two of the holes are completely unfair because of over grown trees covering the approach shot to the green and tee box. Greens are the only saving grace to this course. You have alot of work to do to get that course back to what is was and in the mean time lower your prices to about $28 because the course is not worth your current $40 charge!

Date of experience: June 2013
4  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went to the Brass Ring Lounge on April 26,2013 while visiting family. Couple of guys had bacon wrapped scallops and they totally enjoyed them for apps. I had the cornbeef rueben and it was perfect. The bill came out to around 49 bucks for 4. Prices are reasonable and no one complained about anything. Service was quick and courteous. If your in the Logan,Oh area I would recommend this place.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was our third meal in the lounge---the restaurant portion never seems to be open. There is never enough help in the lounge as one waitress is responsible for all. She did a great job but we did have to wait quite a bit because a party of 16 golfers came in just as we were finishing up. The food is fairly good at fair prices. The Two for Twenty dinner was a great deal.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had dinner there the wife had chicken and corn fritters and they were hard and dry. I had a delmonico steak which had a lot of fat on it. My son had ribs which he said were good. My son had the chef Moe's chocolate volcano cake which he said was good. In closing what to eat watch what you order.

Date of experience: June 2012
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Course was a neat layout but could of been in better shape

Date of experience: April 2012