Hocking Peaks Adventure Park - CLOSED

First Time Flight

Reviewed November 10, 2014
OBX D
Ohio

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2015

We were very excited by the ads to go here. Once we got there though, we instantly changed our mind. The ropes course is on a built platform...there are way better ones out there. Check out the other local places first, without naming names, there are better places. ATV rentals were too expensive. We left.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

Great fun. In a one day visit we were able to get in ATV lessons, ride a guided tour and play paint ball. Staff was patient, helpful and well organized in getting "Noobs" ready for a day of light/medium recreational sport.

Reviewed May 22, 2015

For my 50th birthday I wanted to zip line. We had the best time at this zip line park! Our guide was very friendly and fun.
My husband has a fear of heights, but he felt very safe the entire time.
We got there first in the early morning and it was very peaceful and beautiful.
Don't hesitate to go here! You'll have a great time!

1  Thank HilliardSonographer
Reviewed November 10, 2014

We visited In 2011. It was our first time zip lining. It offered tree top zipping from platform to platform and some bridges along the course. The experience was pleasant for our first experience. It was fun. Used traditional hand braking. Offered an exciting off road ride to and from the course. The final zip was long and fast. Pleasant overall, but since then, we've visited another in Rockbridge. Better scenery. Better guides. Better experience with natrual terrain. More beautiful. Had fun surprises along the way. Even provided refreshments and treats.

3  Thank OBX D
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Thank goodness it was closed everytime we tried to go there. Rumors in town are that they are bankrupt. View from the gate is poorly run, poorly kept, scarey. Don't waste your money. We ended up in Rockbridge and had a great experience.

7  Thank Sue F
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I paid for 2 reservations and drove 3 hours for the experience. When I got there they were CLOSED. They didn't call or email me!!!! I'm still trying to get someone to contact me but no one answers the phone or my emails. I DO NOT recommend this place and will tell everyone how frustrating this experience was!

8  Thank tripper258
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I paid for reservations and when I got there they were closed. They didnt call or email me. Im still trying to get someone to contact me back but no one answers the phone or emails. I do not recommend this place.

9  Thank Kay R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is the first time we went zip lining. Aaron, our guide, was great with our entire family. We always felt safe as Aaron made safety first the priority. Our 10 year old daughter had soooo much fun and so did we. We did the canopy tour. I would consider this activity a value at $52 for and 1 1/2 of fun. They aren't the most organized, so just relax, don't be in a hurry, and enjoy yourself. It's quite beautiful to fly through the tree tops at the peak of the Autumn season.

1  Thank WVboyinOH
Reviewed October 14, 2013

So I bought a certificate off of LivingSocial to go to this place. The certificate included Ziplining, Disc Golf, and a 5x7 photo. So ziplining there was fun. It's a nice intermediate course. Hey parents, they even have a course for families only. So there were 15 ziplines and only like 10 obstacles. It took you through the trees and used the land for it's course. I loved the one zipline where you can race someone. Of course I raced my boyfriend and won. Our guide was hilarious. I forget his name, but every time we were on an obstacle, he would try to scare us my jumping on it. He also was throwing out jokes and just getting everyone to have a great time and laugh.
After Ziplinigng, we moved onto Disc Golf. Um, after 2 holes of it, my boyfriend and I were done. It was hard, especially for us since we don't play frisbee. The course for it was weird and challenging too. But we gave it a try...and it just wasn't for us. So we ended our day there with them giving us a picture of us ziplinging. Very cute by the way.

4  Thank weirdo1129
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary trip this past weekend. The fall weather was perfect and our guide, Megan, was great. I was not able to finish the course because I didn't realize how scary it would be for me, someone who has an irrational fear of heights, but the time I was actually flying through the air was amazing.. but the fact that I was so high up did not bode well for me. My husband finished the course but I had to come back half way through. The atmosphere was great and so were the people! I recommend it to everyone who isn't such a chicken like me!

2  Thank Miranda3928