“Excellent for kids”
Review of Hocking Peaks Adventure Park - CLOSED

Hocking Peaks Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: We have a Aerial Challenge Zip with 16 zip lines and 30 challenges, Family/Child Zip, Canopy Tour, Moonlight Zip, Waterfront Zip, Paintball, Ogo Ball, Disc Golf, Guided Ranger Rides,and a Educational Treasure Hunt. In the fall we are the home of the Wicked Forest Haunted Attraction. Which is open on Friday and Saturday nights starting late September through October. Check our website for more details.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The zip course for kids was excellent. The guides were very patient, helpful and put the kids at ease. There was a wide age range in our group (5 to 10) and the guides handled it so well -- each child had a great time! The level of difficulty worked well for our group and challenged the kids without scaring them. The kids also did the zip line over the water which they all enjoyed. Some of the kids did not want to go alone and the guides were more than happy to go with them. Our group also did the scavenger hunt, where they kids were able to use a compass and go thru several check in points. Overall highly recommended.

2  Thank Michelle S

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great fun all day for a family! The zip course is awesome and they show you how to do everything. They let you take your time and we had the best time! The haunted trail is the greatest. They have so many other things to do as well. We plan to return soon. This is well worth a Saturday visit but call ahead, they do take reservations.

2  Thank Kelley G
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am active duty military and went here while home on leave and i had a blast. Customer service was great. My friends loved it, it is a must see attraction. Other Ziplines may baby sit you, for claim of safety but no one cares more about your own safety than you. I felt safer knowing I had tied in. its intense enough for adrenaline junkies and easy enough that my grandma completed the course as well and loved it. They have a lot to offer like ogo and paintball and more. I could spend my summer there and never get tired of it.

3  Thank motivatedcfr
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I did the zip lining and aerial ropes course when I was here. I didn't do any of the other activities, but I was definitely impressed with the wide variety of things to do here--something for everyone who is up for an adventure.

For the money, you get more air time and zip lines than many other courses out there. If you want a course where guides are fully involved and giving out tidbits of history along the way, etc. this is not the course for you. Try the other one in town. However, if you want to be "cut loose" on the course and challenge yourself, this is a ton of fun!

As long as you know what you are getting, this course should be a good time.

One recommendation: you have to do a lot of clipping and unclipping yourself in and out of every obstacle. If you are right handed, you will want your right hand free, so you should wear a left-handed glove. The glove might be an annoyance if it's on your dominant hand, as they are stiff and ratty.

3  Thank hollyelise
See more reviews
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am sick and went here on my birthday for a bucket list with a group. The ziplines were fun but the obsticle courses were totally rediculious. I had to quit and went to the place we started and the young blond guy working there was so rude told me to wait they had other things to do. I then ask for water because I was so dehydrated. He said it was only for the workers and got him one. Then one of the people that I went with got stuck on the course he said another fat b----h got stuck. The manager with beard came to get me and told him to watch his mouth. He was the rudest person I have met and it is billed as an zipline couse it should be an obsticle course. DON't go!!!!!!!!! The lady at the food stand was very nice though.

2  Thank smolnar_12