“Romantic and Enchanting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunrise Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sunrise Log Cabins
Ranked #16 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Columbus, Ohio
“Romantic and Enchanting”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We went down over 4th of July 2010 & stayed 3 nights..Cabin was clean & well equipped. No complaints..Management gave us a "coupon" for 10% off our next stay..How Cool is that? Only tiny thing that bothered us at all was the mattress, we have a king waterbed at home..so I think any mattress would bother us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Locke5461

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in the County Cottage Log Cabin over the 4th of July weekend for our anniversary. It was perfect...and believe me I am EXTREMELY picky! First off this cabin was CLEAN! The hardwoods and rugs were spotless as were the kitchen and bathroom. The cabin is one open space, small but rather efficient for two people. When we got there the air conditioning was already on (it was probably 90 degrees the day we got there) which was nice. Again, everything was spotlessly clean, even the dishes/pots/pans/silver wear/ etc (seeing crap/dust/bugs/whatever grosses me out so for me this was huge). The living room had a nice comfy leather couch and a rocking chair. The bed was clean with fresh linens. And the bathroom was surprisingly big for the size of the cabin. There is a cubby next to the potty where I was able to shove all my shampoo/curling irons/extra towels/ all the standard girl stuff to keep it off the floor and out of the way.
Off the back door is a little covered patio with the hot tub and a gas grill. We used the grill every night and that was great. We also came to the area to hike, so we used the fabulous hot tub twice a day to relax. The hot tub was immaculately clean. A person from the office came every day at 11 and checked the tub (they didn't knock or anything they just came up on the deck and checked on it). There was also a picnic table and a fire pit in the back. The back of this cabin is entirely private and there are woods surrounding the back. In the morning there were deer right out from the deck.
Although we did not spend a lot of time in the cabin we thoroughly enjoyed staying in it. Every cabin was full the weekend we were there but was dead silent and peaceful. My only "complaints" I guess are personal things: One there are no windows in this cabin. I thought that was weird. There are two doors and two skylights, but no side windows. Also, when the sun came up at 5:00 in the morning the sun came right in onto the bed which woke me up (again this is a personal thing). Another thing that has nothing to do with the cabin but I feel the need to mention is on the way onto the road that leads to the cabins, you must pass a personal property that looks like it came out of the set of Deliverance. We almost died because we thought that this place was where the cabins were going to be, but alas they were further up the road. I bet a lot of people who may have wanted to drive by these cabins were turned away when they saw the property they had to pass to get there, but the cabins are totally worth it.
Oh another nice thing was that they had these binders in the cabin that had information about the area with trail maps, restaurants, shopping, and a ton of other stuff. I cannot say much about the owners aside from they were extremely helpful through e-mail in making reservations. When we arrived we got there late and the key was waiting for us outside the office. We didn't see a soul from the office until we returned the key when we left. The cabins are located conveniently from the "Old Man Cave" part of the parks, and everything else was easy to find from where we were. We liked this place so much we came back in the fall!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GrayCatVintage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Sunrise Log Cabins? Share your experiences!