“Absolutely Awesome”
Review of Sunrise Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sunrise Log Cabins
Ranked #21 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first weekend of Feb 2013. It was our 35th wedding anniversary. The accomendations were more than expected. The cabin was secluded and surrounded by wildlife and perfect scenery. The cabin was extremely clean, cozy, quaint,well furnished and inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub. Far enough away from city life, but close enough if needed. I can't say enough things about this place. I could have stayed on forever............ We had a fresh snow fall which added to the romance of the weekend. I highly recommend this and will return again. Best place we ever stayed at. Love, love, loved it.

Skip and Karen B

Room Tip: The Lincoln was the most secluded.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Bruce W, Owner at Sunrise Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

First I want to thank you for choosing Sunrise Log Cabins. I am happy that you found everything you were looking for. We work hard at making sure our Cabins are clean including our Hot Tubs. We want each of our guests to be comfortable and be relaxed while staying with us.We make sure when comes to the furnishings that they are up to date and the kitchens have everything you need. Of course the snow was an added bonus. Glad you enjoyed it.
Bruce

There are newer reviews for Sunrise Log Cabins

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Hubby and I along with some close friends always go on an annual Fall trip. We have been to a variety of locations over the years , and this by far was one of the nicest "cabins" we have been to. It was extremely clean and everything that you needed for a weekend trip was provided. Great fire ring in the back yard. You can bring your own fire wood. There was a fun dollar game where clues were left by former guests, and you have to search the house for the dollar bills. Then after finding them, you write your own clues for future guests. Fun...give it a try!

We hiked Ash Cave and Old man's cave which were in close proximity. Both are must -see's. Although we enjoyed Ash a bit more.

You can't go wrong with staying here if you are looking for a quiet getaway and some good hiking. Enjoy!

Cheers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Breber17

Hello Breber17
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed hiking the Hocking Hills. We work very hard to make sure our Cabins are very clean and things are at our guests finger tips. Oh yes, the dollar game can keep you awake at night just thinking about the one you couldn't find. I also have an update. We have firewood at the office for sale now, just let us know next time you stay with us.
Bruce

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 relaxing days at Sunrise Log Cabins in early September, in the 2 person Country Cottage. What a beautiful and comfortable place! Immaculately clean, peaceful, quiet, private. The bed was comfortable, the jacuzzi and all appliances worked great. Loved the leather sofa and rocking chair in the living room. Every convenience was provided: utensils, dishes, glasses, TV, DVD,CD player. It is spacious inside with the sleeping area divided from the living/kitchen area by a half wall. The bathroom was perfect for 2 and spotless. We so enjoyed soaking in the jacuzzi on the covered deck at night! The deck of this cabin was open in the back so we could stargaze while we soaked. We spent a lot of time sightseeing but we also spent a lot of time in the cabin because it was so nice. The property is well maintained, safe and secure. Conveniently located about 2 miles from Old Man's Cave entrance and approx 5 miles from City of Logan. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallieK
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We spent 4 relaxing days at the Lincoln Log Cabin, enjoying evenings by the fire & in the hot tub in May. After a day of hiking, the hot tub was a great way to sooth rarely used sore muscles with no worries, because it was cleaned every day! The location is great, with easy access to all the Hocking Hills attractions, WalMart a few miles away and the free wifi was an added bonus in planning our daily excursions. Plenty of fresh towels, dish soap, hand soap, and the kitchen had a good selection of cookware and utensils. Booking was easy and Zandra was a blessing and a welcoming hostess, with extra tidbits and shortcuts to the parks! We would highly recommend Sunrise Log Cabins and are looking forward to returning, we couldn't fit everything to do in 1 week!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Picked this cabin based on the reviews here and it turned out to be all that and more! Very clean, will go back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We booked with Sunrise specifically because of all the great reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! It was only my husband and I, but we stayed at the Pinecrest Cabin since it was the only one available during the time of our visit. It was plenty big for four people with a private bedroom downstairs and a loft upstairs. I was very impressed with how clean both the cabin and hot tub were. The cabin isn’t completely secluded, but we never really saw our neighbors and we certainly weren’t on top of one another by any means. The back porch with the hot tub was great. We even cooked on the propane grill and ate outside one evening. There was plenty of hand and dish soap along with a very adequate supply of towels. The temperature was perfect during our stay so we didn’t find a need for the ceiling fans or propane fire place, but they were available for use. The water pressure wasn’t fantastic, but I only found this a problem because of my extra long, thick hair. The water is soft though so I assume it is treated. It’s nice to know the owners pay attention to every detail of their property. There were plenty of common cooking utensils and dishes and even some cards games. I only met Zandra as we were leaving, but she was such a wonderfully warm person. The type of people that are is definitely reflected in the property. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice of rental and can’t wait to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inferno2727
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I have traveled to this part of Ohio a few times and have enjoyed our trips. Thanks to Zandra and Sunrise Cabins for adding to a great getaway for us. We stayed at the Lincoln Log Cabin. It was extremely clean. I loved the front porch and of course the hot tube. I would reccomend this cabin to any of my friends or family.

Room Tip: The Licoln Log cabin sat more by itself than the others. If you want a lot of pricacy, this would b...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cljgerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Baymont Inn & Suites Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#2 of 10 in Athens

Been to Sunrise Log Cabins? Share your experiences!