“ok”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Athens, Ohio
“ok”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

jacks has excellent steaks but service not so good. The place is pretty run down in need of a face lift so to speak.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kay B

Ohio
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had lunch here were a group of 8 on a Saturday. Everything was satisfactory and as expected for a place of this type. Our server was friendly and all of our food was well prepared and tasty. I must say in reading some of the other comments on here that some folks must be expecting a Ritz type experience wherever they dine. This is out in the country, a small privately owned place with no frills. What else would or should you expect?

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank chowhound03
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Open when others are closed”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Food was okay. Glad I went so I could check the place off my list, probably won't be going back unless no other options.

1 Thank Greggie-Poo
Centerville, Ohio
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Jack's looks more like a diner walking in, which is not always a bad thing - just letting you know. I ordered the filet - it was good. The flavor was nice and it was cooked the way I ordered it. The 'seasonal' vegetables are frozen. My boyfriend ordered the ribeye. After putting his own seasonings on it, it almost had some flavor. Prices were decent.

You may get better service at McDonald's. The waitress almost acted like we were putting her out. I asked if they had landshark and from the look on her face, I must have been an alien. After she dropped our dinners off we did not see her again until she brought the check. A party of 10 made reservations while we were there. That sent he servers into a frenzy and not a happy one. They were not happy about that many people coming in so late (kitchen is open until 10 pm, they came in about 9:30).

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Laura F
“Just so so”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ok I've been to Jack's Steak House. I don't need to go again. My steak was okay but that was as good as it got. The service was slow and not too attentive. At times it seemed like our being there was an inconvenience to the hostess and waitress. My wife's steak was under cooked. She sent it back but it came back looking the same. They hadn't cooked it any more. The atmosphere was not of a steak house. It was more like a diner.

1 Thank Chinook2840

Been to Jack's Steak House? Share your experiences!