Hocking Hills Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Inn(Logan)
View Hotel
Hocking Hills Resort(South Bloomingville)
Steele's Motel(McArthur)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Relax Inn(Lancaster)
View Hotel
All reviewsnestled awayshopping and restaurantshot tubthe wood burning fireplaceback porchhocking hillshighly recommend these cabinsthe kitchensoft music playingour home away from homemodern conveniencesplan to returnyear anniversarybring your ownarea attractionspots and pansgreat place to stay
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and looking forward to a romantic weekend. Our home backs up to the woods so we are accustom to 'rustic charm' bugs and all. We had the Cherokee cabin in Cabin in the Pines. I noticed ants throughtout the kitchen, including inside the cupboards, and in the bathroom. I wasn't too alarmed since we were deep in the woods. Just before going to bed I turned on the lights in the bedroom to find swarms of ants all over the bed, headboard and nightstand. We tried to brush them off thinking it was maybe due to inactivity in the room but they were back in a few minutes. Needless to say I was mortified. I tried calling the 800 number but no one answered. The cabin did not have a land line and the cell phone signals were pretty bad. I had to sleep on the loveseat and my husband slept on the sofa. We barely slept a wink and left the cabin very early. I tried calling the staff but couldn't get a connection. We finally found someone at the office and were told we would not be charged at all because of the problem. They were aware of the problem for two weeks and they still rented it out. They charged us anyway and when I called they refused to call me back. I would never stay anywhere in Hocking Hills. We had to go home that Saturday morning and it ruined our anniversary. The people are unproffesional and rude and liars.
Shame on them for taking advantage and cheating people.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
28  Thank dkecman
hhcabins, Owner at Hocking Hills Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

I'm really sorry you had an unpleasant stay in the Hocking Hills, however the business that you stayed with and the business that you posted this review to is not the same business. We understand that it is sometimes hard to distinguish our business from other businesses with a like name. Hocking Hills is the area that you are coming to not every cabin is called Hocking Hills Cabins.
Hocking Hills Cabins has been in business for 17 years and our current and past guest have a hard time distinguishing between which cabins were the first ones that we built. We have good clean water, fully equipt kitchens and fresh clean cabins. We do have the occasional light bulb go out or hot tub go down but we also provide our guests with a 24 hour cell phone number for maintenance. We live on the property and take great pride in our business.
We would be happy to give you a tour of our property on a return visit to the Hocking Hills.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

The owner did the EXACT SAME THING to me that she did to the woman who wrote the review in February 2011, except I made the mistake of making reservations and showing up. I went in with two groupons and she told me I could only use one. I read her the "fine print" on the groupon and it had absolutely no restrictions on how many could be used at one time. She literally told me "well, then it's groupon's fault and you have to deal with them. Not my problem". Not only did she say that, she said the exact same thing to me about how "Groupon's purpose is to bring more people in". She was incredibly rude. I walked out and will NEVER go there and encourage all of you to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
21  Thank antlerwaffle
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Being a previous resident of the Hocking Hills..I had not been back to in 5 years. Only had one night, however, it was so wonderful to go back to the quietness...Our cabin was absolutely perfect for us. The owners have obviously taken into consideration all the needs of a tenant..and most impressive to me, it was obviously how well they were maintained. Having an owner on site and taking care of a property is huge in my opinion. I had absolutely no concerns over the cleanliness of the unit and also of the hot tub. At night it was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub and soak in the sounds of NOTHING! and in the morning...I sat outside with my coffee and listened to the sounds of the birds...I heard cardinals-woodpeckers and a mockingbird...wonderful! Already thinking about when we can return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BuckeyeRover
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in Sweet Seclusion. It was an adorable, very clean cabin. It sat back in the woods but was still close to good shopping and hiking. They have all kinds of add-ons that make your stay really easy. We took advantage of breakfast and lunch bundles, as well as popcorn and a movie. It was perfect for our first anniversary, and we plan on returning for our second.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank zazumaster
Reviewed March 15, 2011

If you are visiting Hocking Hills this is a wonderful place to stay. We had two people in the "Sunset" Cabin and it was the perfect size. The beds were comfortable, ammenities very adequate, and the hot tub was clean.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple