New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A horrible nightmare” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hocking Hills Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hocking Hills Cabins
Ranked #7 of 27 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Cleveland, Ohio
“A horrible nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and looking forward to a romantic weekend. Our home backs up to the woods so we are accustom to 'rustic charm' bugs and all. We had the Cherokee cabin in Cabin in the Pines. I noticed ants throughtout the kitchen, including inside the cupboards, and in the bathroom. I wasn't too alarmed since we were deep in the woods. Just before going to bed I turned on the lights in the bedroom to find swarms of ants all over the bed, headboard and nightstand. We tried to brush them off thinking it was maybe due to inactivity in the room but they were back in a few minutes. Needless to say I was mortified. I tried calling the 800 number but no one answered. The cabin did not have a land line and the cell phone signals were pretty bad. I had to sleep on the loveseat and my husband slept on the sofa. We barely slept a wink and left the cabin very early. I tried calling the staff but couldn't get a connection. We finally found someone at the office and were told we would not be charged at all because of the problem. They were aware of the problem for two weeks and they still rented it out. They charged us anyway and when I called they refused to call me back. I would never stay anywhere in Hocking Hills. We had to go home that Saturday morning and it ruined our anniversary. The people are unproffesional and rude and liars.
Shame on them for taking advantage and cheating people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
26 Thank dkecman
hhcabins, Owner at Hocking Hills Cabins, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
I'm really sorry you had an unpleasant stay in the Hocking Hills, however the business that you stayed with and the business that you posted this review to is not the same business. We understand that it is sometimes hard to distinguish our business from other businesses with a like name. Hocking Hills is the area that you are coming to not every cabin is called Hocking Hills Cabins.
Hocking Hills Cabins has been in business for 17 years and our current and past guest have a hard time distinguishing between which cabins were the first ones that we built. We have good clean water, fully equipt kitchens and fresh clean cabins. We do have the occasional light bulb go out or hot tub go down but we also provide our guests with a 24 hour cell phone number for maintenance. We live on the property and take great pride in our business.
We would be happy to give you a tour of our property on a return visit to the Hocking Hills.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

The owner did the EXACT SAME THING to me that she did to the woman who wrote the review in February 2011, except I made the mistake of making reservations and showing up. I went in with two groupons and she told me I could only use one. I read her the "fine print" on the groupon and it had absolutely no restrictions on how many could be used at one time. She literally told me "well, then it's groupon's fault and you have to deal with them. Not my problem". Not only did she say that, she said the exact same thing to me about how "Groupon's purpose is to bring more people in". She was incredibly rude. I walked out and will NEVER go there and encourage all of you to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
20 Thank antlerwaffle
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

Being a previous resident of the Hocking Hills..I had not been back to in 5 years. Only had one night, however, it was so wonderful to go back to the quietness...Our cabin was absolutely perfect for us. The owners have obviously taken into consideration all the needs of a tenant..and most impressive to me, it was obviously how well they were maintained. Having an owner on site and taking care of a property is huge in my opinion. I had absolutely no concerns over the cleanliness of the unit and also of the hot tub. At night it was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub and soak in the sounds of NOTHING! and in the morning...I sat outside with my coffee and listened to the sounds of the birds...I heard cardinals-woodpeckers and a mockingbird...wonderful! Already thinking about when we can return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BuckeyeRover
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in Sweet Seclusion. It was an adorable, very clean cabin. It sat back in the woods but was still close to good shopping and hiking. They have all kinds of add-ons that make your stay really easy. We took advantage of breakfast and lunch bundles, as well as popcorn and a movie. It was perfect for our first anniversary, and we plan on returning for our second.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank zazumaster
Rockwood, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

If you are visiting Hocking Hills this is a wonderful place to stay. We had two people in the "Sunset" Cabin and it was the perfect size. The beds were comfortable, ammenities very adequate, and the hot tub was clean.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vystra
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Happiness Is. The hot tub on the porch was great, the cabin was cozy, and a nice fireplace. The fireplace would have been great if wood was provided, we felt it should have been included. The couch was a little worn, but not uncomfortable. We got the package that included pizza, popcorn, soda and muffins for the morning. The pizza wasn't that great, the popcorn and soda were expired. The muffins and bread were delicious. We had problems with the dvd player, but we weren't really there to watch a movie. Over all the stay was a nice getaway, but for the price it would have been nice to not have some of the minor issues.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I received two separate Groupon gift certificate for $105 off, or a free night, with Hocking Hills Cabins (http://www.hhcabins.com/) for my birthday. I was very much looking forward to a night away.

However, I had to call four days in a row to get through to reservations (no one answered the phone)! When I finally got through to reservations, the woman on the phone was rude, abrasive, unprofessional and uncooperative. When I asked if I could combine two Groupons I had received as gifts, she blatantly accused me of "trying to cheat" and "trying to break the rules." She said that the purpose of those Groupons were to get MORE guests, not the same guests TWICE. Once she said this, I began to worry about the integrity of this establishment and have decided to not make a reservation at all.

After all, if the phone service is this bad, who can imagine what the accommodations are like?! To attract MORE rather than REPEAT customers make me worried. There are many rental options in Hocking Hills that I have had pleasurable experiences with, check them out first!

Please take this review to heart, I am willing to lose out of $210.00 worth of gift certificates rather than to be treated in such an unprofessional and rude manner. Save your time, money, and patience and be treated with kindness and respect from another rental company.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
15 Thank cincyalli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Hocking Hills Cabins? Share your experiences!