“Best Times - Awesome Memories”

Hocking Hills Adventures
Ranked #13 of 20 things to do in Logan
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: The original canoe livery in the Hocking Hills offers the best trips by canoe, kayak, raft or tube. Special events include Romantic Moonlight tours and Torchlight tours. Camp along the secluded banks off the Hocking River or stay in a rustic cabin. Hocking Valley Canoe Livery also has special packages that include go-karts, miniature golf and horseback riding. We strive to exceed our guests expectations in providing memorable outdoor experiences that are FUN, SAFE and CLEAN.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I have been canoeing here since I was 8! I am now in my late twenties and I have introduced this to my husband and we have been canoeing it for 4 years now! I love this place! I love the people! Shane and his family have done a very nice job with it and have made it grow to be bigger than it has but have always maintained a close relationship with the customers! My family and I agree that every time we visit we feel like we are seeing great friends! I have also camped here and canoed the next day at least 20 times! I have also had my bachelorette party on the river! What a blast!!!!! It will be exciting to take our daughter when she is old enough to do it!! Thank you to the staff for always making sure everything is perfect and well kept!! Cheers to more memories!! Thanks you to everyone who make this place awesome to visit!!!

Date of experience: August 2013
in 3 reviews
"water level"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our third time camping at the riverside campground. This is by far the best spot to camp in the Hocking Hills region. The staff patrol the are and pick up trash and the sites are very nice. I would recommend booking more than a week out and reserve a spot you like. The staff listened to my needs when I made my reservation and picked a great spot for my family. This is primitive camping...Porto Potts are on site and showers are a short hike away. We tubed down the river and had a great time. The website needs updated as they no longer have the tube loop from the camping ground. We took 2 vehicles and dropped one off where we planned on getting out. We can't wait to come back!

Date of experience: July 2014
3  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A group of four of us, almost senior citizens, took trip 2 on a very busy Saturday. I was amazed at how busy they were and yet were so friendly and accommodating to us. It was definitely a throwback to a simpler time, enjoying the beautiful scenery, and no pressure to rush through the trip. Although we had no 'guide' during the tour, we had been told about a few points along the river that we should consider spending a little time.

Yes, it was muddy at the put in and take out, but there was more than enough employees helping in getting the canoes to the river and off the river. Due to recent rains, most of the liveries near were closed, yet HHA made it a stress free trip.

Attendees were good at carrying out their trash, so the area was very clean. A most enjoyable afternoon. Guests should consider bringing something to drink and snack if taking one of the longer trips, and on the day we attended, we definitely used sunscreen, and clothes that would dry quickly if wet.

We'll be back, more likely during the week when there's less of a crowd to take one of the longer trips.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Every year for the last three years we have been taking canoe trips at this location. Me and my family love this experience and recommend it to everyone who is wanting to be in the area. Remember to that this is an outdoor trip with water dry bags are a necessity as are shoes that can get wet and muddy. For the younger ones in your group its an adventure seeing wildlife and different things along the way.This is one of the many great things to do in this area of Ohio.

Date of experience: September 2013
4  Thank Goose17
ShaneB195, Guest Relations Manager at Hocking Hills Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you made it a family tradition to come to Hocking Hills Adventures. We try very hard to provide great service and to continuously improve our facilities. We hope that you and family will stay with us for years to come!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family & I choose the 5 mile canoe trip. After we paid, they loaded us up in an old van to take us to the starting point of our trip. The side door didn't work so we all had to climb over the front seat. There weren't enough seat belts or even seats for that matter & my 9 year old had to set in my lap while we smelled exhaust fumes the whole way there. When we got there, there was no one to help us off. The ride was nice but the ending was awful. Once again, there was no one to greet or help us. The creek off the river was really low & we got stuck in the mud. After trying several times to make it up the creek, my daughter & I got out in the mud that was up to our ankles. Other people had done the same for there were other shoes stuck in the mud that they had left behind. My husband then went to try one more time & the boat flipped. We ruined his cell phone and lost his Oakley glasses & my watch. It ended up being a very expensive, bad experience.

Date of experience: June 2014
7  Thank amandakay721
ShaneB195, Front Office Manager at Hocking Hills Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

First and foremost let me say I am sorry you had a bad experience with us. We strive to provide a safe fun and memorable experience to everyone. When that does not happen we are always disappointed. We do keep staff on the landing and it is unfortunate you lost your valuables on the river. I'm not why the staff was not available to assist you out of the river. I apologize for the inconvenience.