“We weren't disappointed”
Review of Crockett's Run

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Crockett's Run
Ranked #12 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed December 3, 2013

For the second year in a row we stayed at this wonderful place. We leased the Houston Lodge as we did last year (see my review November 2012). It was fully large enough for our eight-person family (including two under three) plus family drop-ins each day. To add to the list of amenities listed last year are full-sized bars of soap at each bath/shower. Charlie, the affable host, drains and refills the hot tubs after each guests' visit (where else is this done?!). Ample hot water and if you've stayed in Hocking Hills you know the water there is HARD and tastes like iron. Not at Crockett's Run where they use water softeners. Clean and ample linens, plenty of towels, even for our gang. We were blessed by a 3 inch snow fall on Thanksgiving morning which made the entire scene a picture post card. Plenty of fire wood delivered to the door (two fireplaces, by the way) and Charlie will cheerfully bring more for a modest fee. We couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crockett's Run

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We traveled with my immediate family, in-laws, and friends and stayed at Travis Lodge. It was beautiful and very well taken care of! The owners were so nice and accommodating as well. We will definitely go back again and again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a beautiful property to have a wedding. It was exactly what I was looking for when it came to ambience.There were a few things that did upset when the time came. When we intially spoke to Sherry we were told that they were looking into bringing other carters to the property. This ended up not the case and due to the bad reviews of their perferred carter we choose someonelse. We were charged a fee as stated in the contract. We were also a little upset because intially we were told that we could decorate the room as early as the 10 a.m. the next day. When we went to the follow-up meeting we were not able to go in the room intill 2:30 p.m that Friday. This would have not been an issue if reherasal was not so close to the time. Luckily we pulled thru by having alot of family members help us out. My mother also found it a little crazy because we had a beverage stand. It needed ice at the time and Sherry said she could give my mom a scoop but there would be a charge??? We rented the whole property for the weekend so to charge for a scoop of ice was a little nutts. Despite a few bumps in the road I would recommend having a wedding here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Crockett's Run was the most perfect place imaginable for our wedding. We found Crockett's through their website while living in Chicago and weren't sure what to expect. My (now) husband and I were blown away by the owner Sherri's meticulous perfectionism. She was organized, thoughtful, and there wasn't a cobweb in site. We did much less decorating because the place had such beautiful features already. Sherri walked us through all the steps of planning the event and reception and really guided us to a flawless event. Our guests were happy and so were we! We plan on coming back for a stay at Christmas this year. Her husband and daughter also pulled out all of the stops to make us feel at ease and in luxury. Thanks so much Crockett's Run!

Room Tip: We had family members staying in each of the cabins (except the largest, which was already booked) a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had our daughter's wedding at Crockett's Run and it had to be the best decision we ever made. I don't know what the last reviewer meant. We had the room until 11:00 and I, as the mother of the bride, realized we went over our allotted time. So I went to the bar and asked them to shut it down when I realized it was 11:10. I then asked my daughter and son in law to thank our guests for coming. After that, Tracy sang "Hey, Big Spender!" to the bride and my husband. I thought it was a perfect way to end the evening. Some of the guests were on the patio until after midnight. The owner, Sherry, told me not to worry about a thing when the guests stayed on. They were having a phenomenal time and didn't want to leave. I decided to take some of the decorations away and tidied up a bit to give the guests a gentle hint that it was time to go. As for the bartender, Crockett's Run offered me the services of a second bar tender. I didn't think we needed two of them for 150 people. Most of the night was fine. In fact, I've been to weddings that had lines at the bar. I never saw one at our bar. When it got a little busy, the owner, Charlie, stepped in to help. They didn't charge us for the second bar tender because it wasn't needed. Charlie acted more like a gracious innkeeper there.

We did stay at Crockett's Run. It was impeccably kept inside and out. They change the water in the hot tubs after every rental. We are planning on having our Christmas there so we can have a better location (if I can get my youngest to agree to the shift. He wants Christmas at home.) For us, Crockett's Run was home for the wedding weekend. The friends and family that stayed at nearby places came for breakfast and lunch and there was enough dinnerware, seating and space for all. Our kids hiked to the lake along the groomed paths. Sherry did everything we asked and more.
I agree that this was the best place for the wedding.since we had friends and family all over. I'd give CR a 6 star rating if I could

Room Tip: Follow the directions on the map and not the GPS
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NonieMcD
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I just returned from a Thanksgiving week in two cabins at this delightful retreat. Excellent service and sparkling clean cabins and lodges. From satellite TVs, wood-burning fireplaces, plenty of hot water, towels, hot tubs, ample room, beautiful vistas, fishing on-site, congenial hosts who live on the property, walking/jogging trails adjacent and on the property, minutes from many attractions and wonderful restaurants, close to town to last-minute things you may have forgotten (although the cabins are fully, and I mean fully, equipped. We've stayed in many cabins/lodges in this gorgeous area over the years but this place is truly special. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ahhh, any will do!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David H
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Charlie and Sharry made my daughters' wedding day a success, from the clean cabins to the tour in the gator for my husband who uses crutches to get around, they made us feel like family. The cabins are clean and the fact that they are on site owners made this a beautiful place for my daughter and family to meet the grooms side of the family and mingle over a three day stay,and the rates are great.

Room Tip: This is a cabin/ lodge and all the cabins had great views of nature.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Cherry Ridge Retreat
#1 of 3 in New Plymouth

Been to Crockett's Run? Share your experiences!