“Well worth it! Nice place!”
Review of Springwood Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Springwood Cabins
Ranked #4 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I read several not great reviews for this place. I have no idea why??? I really liked the cabins. They were very clean and nice. The kitchens were very well equipped. They were very private. Very dog friendly. I will definately be back.

Room Tip: The Crows Nest!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donnnie

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Springwood Cabins before and actually had a good time -- while we were there the first time they were building the new cabin on the property.

We moved out West and came back to Ohio to get married. We had both fallen inl ove with Hocking Hills and decided to take a three night honeymoon in the new cabin -- how cool, right?

Wrong.

The first thing I noticed when trying to unload our luggage was there was no defined space at the new cabin to park our vehicle. I mean really -- there is no defined space. Having just received a piece of $300 luggage for our wedding we didn't want to try and lug everything down a muddy hill about 500-800 feet to the cabin. So I got out of the car and looked around -- I noticed a trail that had been worn down by vehicles and decided to pull up to unload our luggage. I did move a log, but didn't think it was a big deal as I could see a defined area where other vehicles had parked.

I wasn't planning on parking in this location just needed to unload and I was going to move it back up the hill and park in the other cabin's parking spot. I really had no idea where to park -- all the other cabins on the property you pull right up to the cabin -- this one I wasn't sure.

After carrying my first load of groceries and luggage to the cabin - I came back out and noticed my wife talking to someone near our vehicle. When I approached, I was informed by an older woman with a broom (not sure who she was at the moment) that I couldn't park there. When I told her I didn't know where to park she showed me the area where you are supposed to park. She told me I could unload, but I needed to get out of there asap in case it rains I wouldn't make it up the hill. We told her that we will unload and park where she told us to park. We grabbed the rest of the luggage and came back out to get the groceries a moment later.

When I came back out I was confronted by an older dark haired woman, on a lawn mower, who screamed at me, "What in the hell possessed you to come down here?"(I won't put it in all caps, but envision it -- classy!!!) I looked at my wife as she was instantly upset. We’re exhausted and were not trying to cause any trouble. My wife told her that we are going to park in the parking space the other lady told us to park. She continued to yell as us and ask us why we would park there.

Then I told the woman that there was no defined area to park and I wasn't going to lug all my stuff 800 feet to the cabin. She then swore at me and said, "I can make sure you don't have that problem ever again..." I am still not sure what she meant by this -- I assume it wasn't a death threat, but instead a threat to kick us out?

The other lady at this point told the lady on the lawn mower to just come with her.

We really were taken a back at this point. Thinking this was just a bad misunderstanding (or lack of communication on their end of where to park), but it wasn't worth the rude behavior we were receiving. I understand if you don't want someone to park somewhere, but define a space for the cabin to park. (put up a sign)

So after the woman said she could solve our problem she swore at us a couple of other times--and then started her lawn mower and threw up her hands. I was totally dumbfounded again -- wow-- I've never allowed anyone to treat me like this before, but not wanting to ruin the honeymoon any more than it already was I just moved the car and came back into the cabin.

After that whole situation, my wife and I were never really comfortable staying in the cabin.

The cabin itself is nice and most things are new. The bed is a murphy bed (comes out of the wall) and isn't big enough to sleep two adults comfortable.

I had prepared to cook a nice meal on the grill -- the grill barely works -- it can't cook a piece of chicken if its life depended on it. So that was a bust.

The next day went relatively smooth as we had no sighting of the two women. Then the following morning, I noticed the women riding around on their lawn mowers near our cabin. Not sure what to make of it -- I just went along with my business.The riding continued on and off for about an hour or two. I am not sure if they were cleaning other cabins or what, but they were riding through the same area that they told us we couldn't park and making us feel uncomfortable as it felt like they were watching us while we were in the hot tub.

So instead of staying the night there we decided to leave a day early and find a place closer to the airport.

The owners are so rude -- it made this place terrible. I am not a person to complain, but this experience matches some of the other ones I read. Listen, there are better options out there -- if you run into the owners and sneeze the wrong way they might threaten you and swear at you too.

Just beware -- you've been warned!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kl4life2
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We just returned from our 3 night stay at the Crow's Nest with Springwood Cabins. We have visited Hocking Hills over 10 times in the past 4 years but this was our first with this company. Basically, we knew what to expect from a 'luxury cabin' in the woods. After booking we noticed the few poor reviews on this site (below) and were admittedly nervous.

We arrived thinking it might be not-so-great, but were suprised to walk into our cabin (bigger than the picture implies) and found a cozy, well-kept, updated main room. It smelled lovely - we didn't notice any animal odors. The kitchen had nice appliances - possibly the owners read previous reviews and updated their silverware situation, but we felt that it was better stocked than many of the other cabins we have visited.

The owner had adjusted the tv to a better level (as a previous reviewer had complained about) and it now sits on the mantel. No neck pains to report. We LOVED the woodburning fireplace. We just bought our wood down there instead of trying to ask the owners, no hassle that way. Anyways, it's good to further support the local businesses down there.

The ONLY downsides, were the grill has seen better days, but it worked like a champ and we cooked our steaks. It was not as secluded as some we have stayed in, but really a few cars passing here and there were not a big deal to us, we still felt "away from the world". And the the woods around the cabin could be neatened up a little (downed trees and such) but it IS the wilderness....

So really, it is what you make it. We had a lovely romantic trip, with steaks and wine in front of a glowing fire, the satellite radio was nice so we could listen to classical music. The hot tub was nice with a good view.

I write this hoping to dispell some of the more negative reviews preceeding this. They had us a little scared thinking the owners would come bully us around or we'd be eating off paper plates!! But nothing of the sort was true. We did not meet the owners but everything we read in the guest logs tell us they are friendly considerate people. So I recommend this place!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LVBB30
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights with another couple in the CROW'S NEST cabin. Although this is a lovely cabin and we enjoyed the peacefullness of our stay and the hot tub was GREAT, we did find some issues that could easily be resolved if the owner would make the extra effort.

THE BIGGEST problem with this cabin is the location of the TV, This is actually the only reason we would not stay in the cabin ever again. The television is built into a cabinet above the mantel and we all have neck-aches and headache's from trying to watch at such a bad angle. Also, although a DVD player is provided...GOOD LUCK trying to figure out how it works, if at all! No instructions on any of the remotes for the TV, Satalite, Radio, and DVD player...VERY CONFUSSING!

We found that the lady we spoke to on several occasions to be very friendly and even offered for us to check out later than 11:00 but to bad she called after we were already packed to leave. Another complaint we have is that the web page states; "Firewood Provided" you don't get any!! We called and asked and she directed us to a couple of the markets in the area to purchase firewood. (We burn wood at home and could have brought some with us if we had been informed correctly) The cabin needs a GOOD cleaning under the beds and sofa's, in the corners, and the ceiling lights but, IT IS A CABIN IN THE WOODS so it wasn't a big issue.

The Kitchen supplies a VERY limited, only 4 lg plates, 2 wine glasses, 4 forks and a cple plastic spoons, but enough of everything else. You might want to consider bringing extras if you have more tha two or three people. Another review complained about the towels but, we did receive plenty of towels and washclothes for everyone. This is Sulfur water and is undrinkable so I would suggest bringing bottled water as well...

I would still recommend "Springwood Cabins" I would pick one of their other cabins.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hisharleyrider
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I found this cabin to be great! We were looking for something simple that was quiet and close to all of the local parks and this cabin was perfect! When we arrived the cabin was warm and very clean. The hot tub was clean and very well kept. Great location, we were only a couple minutes away from most of the parks in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I wanted to write in and say how much I enjoyed our stay at Springwood Cabins. I was nervous as there were one or two scathing reviews on Tripadvisor, but it turns out those were not at all similar to our experience. We stayed at Deer Crossing, and it was spotlessly clean, well-furnished, comfortable, and completely as advertised. It was a nice central location for exploring Hocking Hills, and quiet as well. The only real problem was the fact that the grill was really a mess and would not light, so if that's important to you I'd check ahead. It is a cabin, so don't stay here if you like hotels--although clean and modern, it's not a hotel. We loved the pet-friendly aspect, and so did our dog, so that made for a special trip.

All in all very enjoyable for a weekend with teenage children.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LEH080
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We found the owners to be very accomodating, helpful and pleasant. Our cabin had 2 rooms which were clean and lovely with some nice little homey touches. We loved the seclusion, too. What a wonderful and relaxing time. We highly recommend Springwood Cabins!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#26 of 29 in Logan
Chalets in Hocking Hills

Been to Springwood Cabins? Share your experiences!